Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I like to go Classic and use just a distortion/overdrive pedal with a wah pedal (although it sounds just as amazing with all of my other effects as well). I use a Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top most of the time and it just blends perfect with the sounds this pedal is capable of. The sound is very clean noise wise. It's mostly based on how hard you play. If you play really soft then the sound will automatically dim down on distortion but if you play harder, the sound well does what it says, screams. It is an incredible pedal for a company that I don't usually take that much interest in. Since it's such a versatile distortion pedal I get the sound of many of my favorite guitarists. Jimmy Page, Slash, Joe Perry, a little bit of Eddie Van Halen and even some Zakk Wylde if you get it right.

My style has always been the blues but I have always played classic rock and I've found just the way to replicate those sounds with this pedal. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I'd probably beat the kid who stole the pedal first, then if I didn't get it back I would definitely go buy the same pedal. What I love most about this pedal is the fact that it is sensitive to the strength you play at. If I hadn't had nine volt adapters for my pedals I would probably hate how you have to remove the nine volt battery with the cords.

I've used this pedal at countless shows and gigs. I rely completely on this pedal for distortion. I really have to say that this pedal is my main squeeze. I choose this pedal over my other overdrive/distortion pedals always. Plus it weighs a ton and barely ever scratches.

This pedal is very simple as most distortion or overdrive pedals are. There is a treble and bass knob, volume, and gain knob. The treble and bass in themselves will change the pedal's sound all together with just a few adjustments. There is no manual of course since it's just a simple distortion pedal. Changing batteries is unique though, like many DigiTech pedals, the pedal is opened by using the ends of your cords by pressing in on the two small buttons on the side of the pedal.

xvasmx
    terrible pedal, im selling mine, it has barely any overdrive at all
    I heard its pretty good as a booster.Have to try it though..