Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

It produces a great sound. I use a 10W solid state amplifier in a bedroom which doesn't produce a very high quality sound at all. This pedal even through the cheap amp produces an excellent sound. With mild distortion one can get close to a BB King Lucille type of sound. With the distortion cranked up, one can get a Vintage metal sound along the lines of Def Leppard.

I bought this to get a blues tone similar to Albert King or Johnny Clyde Copeland. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a 10w solid state amp [I know I have to get a better amp:( ]. I don't quite get that sound with my cheap amp, but the improvement in sound is astounding. I also wanted to be able to, with the distortion, get a Judas Priest metal type of sound, and even with my cheap amp I can get that sound. I also get a good Malcolm Young sound.

The device is made of metal. It's very sturdy. All the components are made of good quality materials. There's not much flexible plastic in this thing. The pedal has a rubber coating where it comes in contact with the foot thereby reducing any possibility of slippage. It uses a 9v battery that is simple to change. It would take a lot to damage this thing. I expect it to last years and years.

This is an Overdrive/Distortion pedal. It has four controls: Level - controls the volume Low - adjusts bass frequencies High - control adjusts higher frequencies Gain - adjusts the amount of distortion. It comes with a small manual. The device is so easy to use that one really need not consult the manual. Just adjust the effects until you get the sound you want. If you want a boost of volume for a solo, you've got it. If you want to filter out lower frequencies to get more squeel, you've got it. If you want heavy distortion, you've got it.