Synth Wah review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Synth Wah

Purchased from: Ebay

I use this with a 76 Explorer or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard into a Line 6 Spider 210. No noise only a very very very small click when shutting it off. It is so small I only found it while recording it. Then I ran noise reduction and sampled it giving me a cool sound effect. Kind of like a hiccup. The effect is very strong, almost ployphonic. It totally takes over you guitar tone but it is a synth. The sounds are very nice, unique and attack sensitive. So you can create these falling synth tones and start them over at the beginning of each bar. Check DigiTech for samples. The Auto Wah is pretty lame the high end just hurts. But the synth voices are where it's at.

I love it. I'am the only person I know who has one and uses it. it is great for Funk, sound effects and texture. I highly reccommend a Tremolo Pedal with it though. That way you can really make cool wavy synth sounds. Combine it with a slide, Whammy or EBow and you can really impress people. I do wish it had an expression pedal option. I love the idea that George Dennis Pedals have come with and that is adding an Expression pedal to most of their effects. That way you can do some really tight rythmic tricks.

Not Boss but it is metal. The sping under the pedal is bent but it still works.

Totally easy for anyone that can read a manual. For this effect I highly reccommend reading it. The knobs are straight forward until you start messing with the mode knob and then parameter assignment changes. If you get it used like I did check the DigiTech website they have all of their manuals posted.

deadline27
    i love it, got one yesterday....takes a bit of mucking around but you can get some awesome sounds out of this thing...check it out!!!!
    jcs5234
    didn't like this thing...check out the modulated wah on the electro-harmonix the worm
    OfantesOvFire
    I tried this out at a Guitar Center and it was awesome! It's got all these weird sounds. The different synth effects are really cool. Haven't got one yet but I hope to buy one soon.
    hellview_666
    i love using this on a clean setting, but as soon as i turn the distortion on, blimey o.O
    panhead4jesus
    is it possible to re-create a snyth sound with and envelope filter? i have an rp 80 with envelope but no snyth effect . if anypoe has any tips on how 2 get a snyth sound with it that would be great
    Bplay915
    I love this pedal ive had it for a while auto wah settings are pretty good