Synth Wah review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Synth Wah

Purchased from: Borrowed From Friend

I'm running my guitar into a Cry Baby (I rarley use the autowah feature on the synth wah), the synth wah, a Hot Rod Distortion and then into my amp. It's not noisy at all in the chain, and it doesn't seem to affect tone at all. The effects sounds amazing. Just hittng a chord with the "slow synth" Effect is powerful. You can also get a vowel-type sound, great for Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer" if you don't have a talkbox. The auto wah isn't too too bad, but nor is it overly good. The Cry Baby far surpasses it. The synth also has a second output jack that simulates a 4x12 cabinet speaker. The downside, and effect chained after this when it's plugged into that jack won't work unless the snyth is engaged.

I'm all over the map in terms of music, but this is one fun little pedal. Just sitting with it for 5 minutes gave me some new ideas for songs, and I even changed an old song I wrote to include an intro using this effect. However, where I allready have a wah pedal, I Don't use the auto wah effect in this, which limits it's usefullness for me, that is. If it were stolen, I'd have to apologize to my friend, and then we'd both beat up whoever stole it. I wish it was designed with a rocking pedal, to control the expression more. I love this, but I wouldn't go buy it unless it was something with a little more control.

It's solid metal, it's not breaking any time. I smashed my heel into it just 10 minutes ago and it freakin killed. I'm still bleeding. I'd gig with this, and I wouldn't bring a backup. the only downside is battery life. But an adapted, this thing eats batteries. If you don't have on, be sure to unplug the Input jack every time you stop using it, to extend battery life.

Actual using this pedal is quite easy. Dial in the settings and stom to activate/deactivate. Now, finding the sounds you want takes some messing around. If you get this with an owners manual, i strongly suggest reading it. I didn't, So I checked out DigiTech's website. They have some excellent sound samples and they show you how to get those sounds. I'll give it an eight, only because it takes a fair bit of messing about to learn to use it

garboozled
    I have one of these and it is by far the coolest pedal i own. Not very usefull in general application, but cool as hell. As for the dude who wants to turn an envelope into a synth, you need very processed sawtooth distortion, not heavy just buzzy. and yeah adding distortion to this pedal can get ugly on anything other than the basic envelope. Paranoid Android solo is a good example of how to do this appropriately