The Weapon review by DigiTech

DigiTech: The Weapon

Purchased from: Mothers Music Store

I use a Gibson SG Standard (best guitar ever) soon I'll have EMG81 humbuckers in there so it'll sound better with my dinky Ibanez IBZ10G 10watt. Stupify (custom Dan setting) - this setting sounds exactly like stupify and I can play it in confidence knowing I sound like Dan. Mistress (mild distorsion) - this setting I don't like, because all that Dan does to achieve this sound is to roll back your volume knob on your guitar to about half (this setting is awaist of time). Voices (phaser/ramp to full distortion) - this and inavative setting (tip turn cntrl_2knob to the 9th dash then hold pedal after 2-3sec of intro). Bound (auto wah) - good setting but I prefer a real wah pedal. Rise/Intoxication (octive shift) - this setting took me day and night to figure out (this is how to make it sound like it supose to). On your amp, turn your bass/treb to 12 o'clock. Have gain cranked. Volume low. On the pedal turn level knob to: 9thdash, Cntrl_1:5thdash, Cntrl_2:about the 6th. Stupify (sitar) - awesome, excellent sound, good for acoustic stuff and soft melodic parts. Mistress (heavy distortion) - this is my favourite setting. This setting is good for any metal/rock bands (I highly recommended this setting).

I play a lot of Disturbed and Slipknot and it suits the sound very well. I've been playing for about a year on electric and 2 on acoustic. I own a 1982 Yamaha acoustic guitar (brilliant and full sound), Gibson SG Standard, The Weapon, and my amp, that's all the gear I have for the time being. I love how I can match my settings to the other song from Disturbed.

This is basicly a brick. this pedal will last longer then my friends DigiTech RP200A. I've depended on it during many sets with my friends. One suggestion is to use a power source and not the built in battery, you'll get a much better sound if you do.

Awesome! Since it's my first pedal, I thought it would be difficult to use but it is realy easy to use. I suggest using DigiTech's website to find the setting to use and not in the manual, but still read it because it explains a lot about a few tricks you can use with the pedal. The one set back to it, is when changing the settings during a set is hard. You have to be quick and know your setting of by heart (like me).

ChrisW-Ness2003
    The only criticism I have is the fact you can't change through the effects with your foot - you have to use the knob.
    irishmatt1992
    I've had mine for a long time now and I'm never get rid of mine, you can get them where ever they sell digitech pedals.