The Weapon review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
DigiTech: The Weapon

Purchased from: ebay

I have used combinations of a Fender Fat Strat, Epiphone Dot Standard and Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Zack Wylde EMG setup into Marshall MG100DFX and a Bugera 333. I have only one sound that is useable and that is, as you might guess, the sitar effect. As for using this to get your setup to sound like Dan's, I DO NOT find any sound from this pedal that makes it sound like Disturbed's guitars, not even close! I have had more luck achieving that by using a Boss MT2. This is supposedly the pedal that should recreate the sound of Dan Donegan from Disturbed! I actually bought a second one and was equally disappointed. Now I sat with it for days trying to get it to sound good but never got something useful. Very disappointing! Was very excited about this pedal! I will give it 1 because I cannot find a 0 in the ratings.

I play Metallica, Disturbed, Fokofpolisiekar, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones stuff mostly. And then music like that. Been playing 17 years. Would not buy a third one or a fourth one or a fifth one... If you want it contact me for a price. I bought it on eBay hoping for a pedal to give me instant Dan sound.

It's a DigiTech and my experience with their pedals is stellar. They last like a Boss. I would not gig with it so would not need the backup. In this case I actually have the backup! Initially I though something was wrong with it, that is why I bought the second one to compare. Now I am stuck with it since I am from Africa it is difficult just to put it back on eBay. The 10 rating here is for the dependability of a DigiTech product.

I guess if your new to effects this might be difficult to figure out. I was able to figure it out quickly. You can adjust a lot in each of the seven sounds. Manual was helpful. Not sure about the firmware revision number or if it has ever been upgraded.

ABfan4life
    I'm about to pick one of these bad boys up for $30 mint condition \m/^_^\m/ I also just bought a Metal Muff pedal and that thing is beyond amazing : D