Tone Driver Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Tone Driver Overdrive

Purchased from: Musicians Warehouse

I first bought a Boss DS-1, and compared to the DigiTech Tone Driver it flat out sucks. The Tone Driver can go from a soft distortion to amazing sustaining leads. Most other distortion/overdrive pedals I've used don't have near the versatility of this pedal.

I play mostly hard rock, classic rock, and heavy metal, this sounds great for all of them. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a Gibson Les Paul plugged into a Vox amp. I highly recommend this pedal over any other Boss or DigiTech Distortion pedal. Another good Overdrive pedal is the Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal by Dunlop. If this pedal was ever stolen, I would definitly buy another.

If you have a power supply this is a very dependable pedal, but if you don't you will definatly need a backup. This things sucks batteries in about 2 hours. I highly recommend the power supply (it's 20$).

This pedal is as simple as they come, just 4 knobs. There is a volume, gain, tone, and a morph control. The pedal even comes with a booklet that tells you how to setup the pedal to get certain sounds.