Turbo Flange review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Turbo Flange

I have this pedal and the Hot Rod Distortion, and overall, this pedal Is less as loud, for some reason the Hot Rod was just terribly loud, and to keep from an early death I had to turn it down. But this one is not even near as loud. It sounds great, but I'm sure if it were played on a better amp, it would sound much better. I'm using it with a Fender Strat and my amp is a Fender Frontman 25R. Not many bands use a flange pedal on every song, so you cant get say that it will sound like any particular band but one in specific I know of, Asthenia, by Blink-182, I've got the perfect match for the Flange on that song so I guess you could say that its possible to match your favorite artists sound. Overall, the sound of the Flange is wonderful.

The thing that stands out to me the most of this pedal, is the 3 voice controls. That is really awesome i thought. The main thing I suggest before you go buy any of the X-Series pedals, make sure you play around with them a bit. Nothing wrong with them, but it's just a tip I suggest. And if my Flange was lost or stolen, I'd get one again in a second. But I wish I would have gotten the power supply with it, but thats my only regret.

This is a great pedal, solid and not easily scratched/chipped/dented. Trust me I have already found that out the hard way. The only thing I can say that I don't like, is that unless you have an extra 20$, the pedal runs off of a battery and leavin your cord plugged into the input will eat the battery alive, I've also found that out the hard way.

If you have a brain in your head, you can use this pedal. Enough said.