Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

Purchased from: Electro-Music, Doncaster

I am currently using this pedal with an Epiphone Flying V Goth (with floyd rose and EMG 85/81 pickups), an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with gibson 498R and 500T pickups) and a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster running into a Vox AD120VT 2x12/Marshall 2x12 cab. My effects loop consists of a dual bypass pedal, a MXR 10-band EQ, a Korg DT-10 tuner, a Vox Wah, an Arion Stereo Flanger, a Jim Dunlop Phase 100, the DigiTech Whammy and a Boss Digital Delay (all separated into two groups by dual bypass). I tend to find that the Wahmmy works best at the end of a chain as then it can manipulate all the effects, creating a new sound even stranger than before. I find it tends to sound good with most effects I use although I do not use distortion pedals so I dont know how it works there. I tend to usually play this with distortion and it sounds clear, in tune and rather awesome, but it sounds just as good clean too. It doesnt colour the tone of my amp nor is it noisy. This pedal is amazing!

I play everything except pop and punk and can find plenty of uses in all other genres for it it never ceases to astound me. I have been playing for about 4 years, gig often and try my best to know as much as possible about my playing, my guitar, my equipment, and all the latest guitars and gear. If it were stolen id get my cricket bat and find the bastard and break his (if it was a her id be less violent) legs then take it back, or I'd buy another one (possibly a Whammy original) when I'd cadged the money. What I love about this pedal is its uniqueness, and the way it excels so much with what it does and there is nothing I could ever hate about it. I think my favouriite feature is the Whammy effect and its modes. Admittidly, there is something I wish it had: a battery. although I have forgiven as it does take a fair bit of energy to run the thing.

I think the words "bullet-proof" come to mind.

Simple as it gets really on off switch, rocker pedal, pictures on the pedal, if a litle obvious, make it even simpler. No problems with the sound if there were the manual does provide a decent amount of help anyway.