Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

Purchased from: Musicians Choice

My setup is a Yamaha PAC-412V and a Ibanez GRG170DX run into a crybaby, the Whammy, Boss md-2, Behringer EQ and then to a Behringer GMX210 and Marshall MG30DFX. The Whammy has given a faint little hiss when bypassed but you can't notice it at all unless you hold your against your amp. The pitch shifting is quite accurate but my Whammy would give a slight tremolo when set up 2 octaves but a cable change fixed that. I can't really get that Tom Morello Whammy tone partialy because Tom has the Whammy 1 but the Whammy 4 comes extremly close to it.

I play metal to clasic rock and can achive the rare event of the Whammy showing up on a song pretty well. I have been playing for 2-3 years. If this pedal were stolen or lost I would not buy another one beacause it burns a hole in your pocket but if I had some cash I would definatly buy another. I love the drop tune or 1 octave down feature because I can go down to a certain tuning without tuning down. I hate though that you cant store presets without getting some sort of MIDI controller. I wish this had a three octave up/down a nd a mix where you van mix two presets together. Over all great pedal buy it if you want to experiment with effects.

Reliability of the Whammy is just wow. The first day got it I dropped it down a couple of stairs and it only has a little scratch on the side. I would gig without backup because it's not gonna break on me anytime.

Extremly simple to use, there is a rotsry knob that lets you select the octaves you want to go up, down, detune and the harmoney features. The Harmony section takes time to use because if you play 2 notes to fast they come out as a slur of notes. The manual was extremly easy to understand.

OttovanZanten
    Qaphela wrote: So can u use this thing as a whammy bar?
    i'm looking for that too. Maybe i shouldn't have chosen fixed bridge.
    Chickenfrmheck
    get an rp80, also digitech, but only 80 bucks and it has a full featured whammy setting...i have one it has every effect imaginable