Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

I am currently using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a Beringher V-Ampire. The pedal works great with the amp on single notes, but has a tough time tracking chords. It also sometimes makes a funny tremelo sounding effect when you use chords at more than an octave higher than normal. None the less, I can get the sounds of my favorite artist, Audioslve. Tom Morello is my hero, and he uses Whammy effects in so many of his songs. It just goes to show you his creativity, and he is Who inspired me to get this pedal.

I play anything from blues, all the way to heavy metal and screamo music. The pedal is great for any type of rock music, and blues. I have been playing for 3 years now and the only other gear I own is an Ibanez acoustic/electric and a couple straps. I have no regrets in buying this pedal and would definetely go out and buy another if it were lost or stolen. My favorite features on it are the up-an-octave setting, or the down tune setting, which drops the tuning on your guitar a whole step. The reason I chose this pedal was because of the midi effects and the reliability. It is perfect just the way it is.

You can definetely depend on this pedal, no doubt. It has a heavy, tough feel to it. I would definetely use this pedal in a gig with no backup. If it ever broke on me, I would be very suprised. I have confidence that the only thing that caould go wrong is I set it up wrong, or ther was a factory defect, which I have not seen in any of these yet.

This is a fairly simple effect pedal. It shows right on the pedal what the possible effects are. In the manual, it also shows you what the effetcs are and explains what they mean and actually do. It is extremely straight forward in use, since there are maybe two switches, and the pedal part. The manual also shows you how to hook it up to your amp and guitar and where to plug everything in.

razordimeback
    _RATM_ : Chickenfrmheck : get an rp80, also digitech, but only 80 bucks and it has a full featured whammy setting...i have one it has every effect imaginable i wouldnt recommend it,although it does have a lot of effects, they are extremely low quality
    and the sound of the whammy is really awful(I have the rp300), a lot better on a real one
    Kid Fisto
    my friend has one of these, and it completely kicks ass. too bad it's so damned expensive. he got his as a birthday present from his mom (who he hadn't seen for 14 years) along with a B.C. Rich Custom shop warlock, a hugeass crate...etc....wish i had his life :-P
    Lprince
    Why is that everybody who uses one of these is in a rock band?! Surely it'd be fantastic for some psychedelic music and/or dub? Or jazz where the weird harmony's could really be used...
    RawrDemon
    joedefenestrate
    RawrDemon wrote: I'm pretty sure this is the kind Dimebag used, and god that makes me want this pedal. If anyone wants to get an idea of the sound it can make, listen to the riff in Becoming by Pantera. Or listen to Steve Vai. Over $400, though? Ouch. I could get a new guitar for that price. Someday.
    Yes it is the one dimebag used,except his was the orginal witch goes for 400 and up on ebay.You can get one from anywhere else for 200,its deffinatly worth the money.I own one but it broke,its always on the octave setting when the pedal is up so i gotta replace it
    Walkin'Basser
    Can you use this pedal to raise the pitch by an octave, and keep the sound of the guitar so it will be sort of like a 12 string guitar?
    Lgndkllr777
    C_majzer wrote: im crazy enough to find the VERY 1ST-ORIGINAL WH-1 xp100 of of Ebay for a prasle of $500, which means the bidding will go up higher like $750 or so, i'll go for it still! just to get the original! cuz Ive heard this new recreates but still kindda sux-this depends on who you talk to though, some say "Hell Yeah!" some say "Hell No!" im kindda in the middle, I just prefer to waste a sh*t load of money to get the xp100! the ACTUAL wh-1... but that's just my stupidity, or as I call it: hard-headedness... oh-well, just be glad it;s not your money!
    Have you tried the original? I wouldn't spend $750 on a pedal you havent tried out yet.
    C_majzer
    DaBlackE
    Man I bought a used one, & I don't know if it's ****ed up or what, but this thing really ****s with my tone.