Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

Purchased from: Marc's Guitars

I have an Epi Les Paul Standard that runs through this Whammy and a number of assorted Marshall Stomp Boxes into a Marshall MG50DFX amp. I must say, this pedal sounds freakin gnarly! The effects sound awesome and they are way easy to hear. Now, if you aren't any good at playing guitar, don't expect this pedal to magically make you sound like Satriani, Vai, or Lie or anyone else like that. Sorry, it just don't work that way.

I play metal, hard rock, blues, jazz, classic rock, and experimental (this is the genre that the pedal is best for). This pedal works for nearly all of them. Except blues, it doesn't work too well for blues. I don't regret buying this pedal at all. However, it was a lot of money. $200 is not a small amount of mula. If it was stolen, I'm not sure I wuld want to spend the money again. I may just steal one myself. Just kidding. But seriously, I don't really know if I wuld spend the money again.

I would definetly gig with this. Heavy and made out of some sort of metal. Probably steel. Because that's what they make most things out of. However, the pedal itself sometimes makes a weird creeking sound when I roll it. I have no idea why that is. I'm going to try loosening it to see if that helps.

It's extremely easy to get good sounds of this pedal. There is one knob and all you have to do is turn it to select the desired effect. If, for some reason, you aren't able to figure out how to work it yourself; the manual is extremely easy to read and understand.

metal jello
    Qaphela wrote: So can u use this thing as a whammy bar?
    that's why it's called Whammy 4.....