Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

I've used this effect pedal through my Fender m-80 amp and Fender Mustang. From amp to Whammy to guitar no effects loop. The pedal hardly ever generates noise other then what you cause. However if you have any feedback moving the pedal will actually change the pitch of the feedback which sounds cool most the time but with it set two octaves up can make it squeal badly (nly when your not playing though). The effect always sounds the same without any variation unless if amp setting or guitar settings are changed. The only artist I use this pedal for when covering are the White Stripes and any of tom morellos stuff and it handles it fine. I bought it more for my own personal experimentation. All of the effects work great. But some of the harmonys don't really seem to harmonize at high volume (this could just be me) and the de-tune doesn't do hardly anything on deep or shallow. The dive bomb is a little quirky.

I bought this pedal to further the amount of sounds I could force out of my guitar. I've been playing almost 4 years as said I use it with my Fender M-80 Chorus amp and mustang. I tryed the effect out at the store but knowing you can't put a battery in it would have helped. I don't know if I would buy a new one (just due to price I love the pedal) I like everything it can do except the detune is hardly noticeable. I also think the divebomb isnt very authentic. But it's good for being recreated in a pedal. I didn't compare it with any other pedals tis the only Whammy that I know of?

I would use this pedal without a backup for sure. I have yet to play a gig with it though. I feel I can depend on it 100% but I'm also extremley careful with it (that $200 Burns for a pedal). It feels very sturdy to me although the rocker feels like it might not be the sturdiest thing if your really rough with it.

You can plug in a Whammy pedal and feel like your tom morello almost immediatley. It's the newest version with the new dive bomb feature. Along with harmonys, octaves, detune, and drop tune. The manual gave you all the basic info but it was pretty small for all the things the pedal is capable of. My pedal is original bought from the store.