Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

I use it with both my Standard Fender Telecaster and Epiphone Ltd. G-400 Custom, the maestro goes great with this pedal. Goes through either my Boss DS-1 or DigiTech Heavy Metal pedal, Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, and sometimes Phase 90 to a PA system, sometimes adding chorus or delay with the mixer but it all sounds good and doesn't effect the sound. This means I have to use all effect pedals to get my sound. I have no problems with the sound from the Whammy; retains volume, effects are all strong. Tom Morello sounds can be achieved, and Jack White, Who no1 has mentioned. I haven't encountered any accidents w/ the pedal, no random noises or anything.

I play rock, funk, a little metal and blues, and of course experimental. If you play experimental this pedal will definitely open up options for your music. But just try it out before you buy it because it's a beefy pricetag: $200 at best, at guitarcenter.

Very dependable. Built of tough metal, and apparently Tom Morello's has lasted years (although I think he replaced one? I could be wrong). I've only used it at home and friend's houses. From what I hear tho, it's about as reliable as any pedal could ever be. I know I would trust it always.

It is very easy to use. On/off switch, knob selects the harmony/pitch of your guitar, and the pedal, well it's all self-explanatory, and if you can't get it, the manual is very easy to understand. There are no editing patches, but I don't think I would use them all too often, as the effects are good enough. my only complaint is that the knob to select effects is sensitive, almost too sensitive to change during a song. I'm sure it could be worked around, and I don't think I would change the effects all that much in a song, but it would improve it's dimensions.

skatertrev
    I want one of these so bad! Does anyone know about how fast these things can track? I had a cheap multi effect and the whammy sucked because it couldn't track very fast. I also noticed that when Tom Morello uses it he plays one string at a time. Is that so it doesn't sound like crap?
    jedinix
    I've hear that doing the "Whammy" settings with chords sounds bad. But I don't know if the "Harmony" or any other sound ok with it. I would assume the "HarmonY" Setting would sound fine. If not it seems like it's great for soloing. I'm thinking I'll buy one, worried about the digital sound though... hope its not a problem. But I have a Boss SD-1 which supposedly distortion takes the digital sound out of it