Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

My setup is my Gibson SG hooked up to my Whammy, then from my Whammy into my DigiTech Grunge distortion, the from my Grunge into a DigiTech Bad Monkey tube overdrive, then from the Bad Monkey into a Marshall amp. It`s not noisey, in fact it can create many unique sounds. The effects aren`t weak, in fact they are strong effects, and they always sound great on every setting. I can get the sounds of my favorite artist from my Whammy, Rage Against The Machine, and One Day As A Lion, even though for One Day As A Lion, Zach uses a keyboard, he uses a DigiTech Whammy for it, by plugging his keyboard into the midi controll input on the Whammy. The distortion and the tube Overdrive effects with the Whammy are very good.

The style of music that I play is classic rock like AC/DC, and heavy metal like Metallica, and alternative rock like Rage Against The Machine, and Beastie Boys. It`s a good match for Rage Against The Machine, but the others, not. I've been playing guitar for 4 years now. I own a DigiTech Grunge distortion, and a DigiTech Bad Monkey tube Overdrive, and a Marshall amp. There was nothing that I asked or wanted to ask before buying it. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again because this is one of my favorite pedals of all time. What I love about it is the disign, color, tone, and the durability, because it`s all unique. My favorite feature is the octave settings and the pedal on it. I did compare it to other products like the Harmony Man, and the Jam Man, but they costed double the amount. I chose this pedal because I wanted one when I fount out about it and what it could do, also the price of it was more around my range than the Harmony Man, or the Jam Man. It would be cool if it were autographed by Tom Morello though.

I can definately depen on my Whammy for sure. In a gig I could definately go solo without any backup at all, because this pedal was used by and made more famous and noticeable by Tom Morello, from Rage Against The Machine. Tom used the Whammy for solos and in verses of and in intros of songs, and more.

It is really easy to get a good sound out of it. All you have to do is change the octave settings with the octave button changer or whatever you call that thing. It has no editing patches or any thing like that. The manual came in the box with it. I don`t know the firmware revision number. This unit has never been upgraded or changed.

jedinix
    Stretch_Wilson wrote: this pedal rocks i used a mates and i had so much fun and i didn't know how to play guitar then and now with the knowledge and skills i have now i can't wait to buy one
    Dude, buy one! I just got one and they're so awesome!!
    bezlaskez
    The Gore Child wrote: Damn.. I cannot decide whether to buy this and the Boss Me-50 or just the Me-50 (Has an octaver built in) I play alot of Rage, Muse, Radiohead and White Stripes... PM me answers please!
    If you are going to play White Stripes stuff, or anything by Jack White, you need this pedal. It's what he uses at all his gigs and you won't get an authentic White sound without it.
    Stretch_Wilson
    The Gore Child
    gbgg9409
    OttovanZanten wrote: Qaphela wrote: So can u use this thing as a whammy bar? i'm looking for that too. Maybe i shouldn't have chosen fixed bridge.
    You probably could if you wanted to, but you'd have to put it on the -1 octave setting and push REALLY lightly. It's basically like a mega whammy bar.
    Almightynikita
    I have about 500 $ to spare after a hard year of odd jobs and visiting relatives. But I don't know what to do (I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112J which means I can only dive bomb, not go up) I need a whammy pedal that's cheaper then this. But only a whammy (I got some line6 and boss gear for FX) So only a whammy. Any advice? I really like this pedal and tried it out once, but I'm just not up to spending most of my cash. (any good guitars there for 500$, store, not internet)?