Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

I use this pedal with my phaser, compressor, delay, wah, fuzz, EBow, Strat, Epi LP Custom, and my 15 Peavey amp. The pedal is pretty good but the Harmony settings tend to do this noticable clipping when I play my guitar (I know I'm supposed to play one note at a time but I have a sloppy style where I mute some strings when I solo). The shallow detune mode has a nice chorus sound (so yay a chorus pedal). I use this pedal for my spacey sounds.

The pedal is something different, I play different styles but I think that this pedal was meant for Tom Morello songs because that guy uses and abuses that pedal of his. If it were lost or stolen I would be rather upset because this thing is like 200 bucks to replace. I love the various presets but not the digital clipping, this is probably why many people like the original Whammy pedal better I guess.

The pedal is heavy and pretty durable the only thing that I noticed that it tends to move when I'm rocking the pedal, I guess the rubber feets are not rubbery enough, but nothing a little velcro can't solve. I would use it on a gig without a backup because I can't afford another one. The pedal comes with a power adapter, I guess it doesn't use batteries, so I don't have to worry about power.

I bought this a while back, since the Eventide Harmonizer is like 5 grand, I guess this is one of the cheaper harmonizer pedal. It has 2 Harmony settings per lighted setting (one when the pedal is toe up and one when the pedal is toe down). The harmonies range from 3rd to octave up on the toe up and ranges from 3rdflat down to an octave down on the toe down position. Then you got your Whammy settings that range from 2 octaves up, 1 octave up, 1 octave down, 2 octaves down, dive bomb, and drop tune. Then there's the shallow and deep detune mode.