Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

Purchased from: ebay

I use this pedal with a handful of other effects, a few different Ibanez guitars, all going to a Peavey Windsor. For the most part, I have no complaints about the sound of this pedal. I use the octave portions of the Whammy the most, as well as the detune feature. Some of the Harmony functions are useful, but they don't always track so well so they're mainly good for subtle bends/dips, as opposed to whole sections played in Harmony. Tom Morello/Rage Against the Machine sounds are easily obtained with this pedal. I like the sound of this pedal with distortion, but some functions sound cool clean too.

I play rock and metal and this pedal is perfect for my playing. I've been playing for a few years now and I've owned quite a few effects pedals over that time. The Whammy is something that I've always wanted but I couldn't really bring myself to spend a couple hundred bucks on, since I didn't think I'd use it a bunch. Well, I found one that's practically new for half the price and I jumped on it. If it were lost or stolen, I would try to find another one around this price. It just seems too much to pay $200 for it... probably just because I don't use it a lot. No complaints what'soever about this pedal, but I love the 2 octaves up Whammy feature. Overall, a cool pedal... nothing else like it.

I've had this for about 6 months now and it has yet to fail me. Its built very strong, and the sweep motion is very clean. All of the controls and jacks seem very strong. I've used this pedal on a handful of gigs without a backup. Since I don't use Whammy A LOT in my playing, its not a necessity. But I don't really see this pedal leaving my pedalboard anytime soon. Its just too cool.

I finally caught a good deal on one of these, so I had to jump on it. $100 shipped made this pedal even better. Very simple pedal to use, even if you've never seen one used before. Its got three main sections: Harmony, detune, and Whammy. Just turn the dial to your choice, press the Switch, press on the pedal and commence Whammy pedal enjoyment. Even though I got mine refurbished, it came with the manual and power supply as well.

purebredmutt
    udaz wrote: Get a zoom g1x, it basically is the digitech whammy although its not as quality, it has a bunch of other effects which arent top notch but when run thru a gud amp (marshall, line 6, roland, vox) and a tele or les paul ts wil sound awesum
    lol, it's funny when you list 'line 6' as a 'good' amp ... hehe, you're funny