Whammy review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Whammy

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Thomann

I plug it into my Marshall combo and it's not very complicated to get great sound from it. I've combined it with delay and chorus effects and also a Boss multieffect wahwah pedal. Weve played songs like Killing in the name of with RATM and it's no problem to replicate the sound of Morellos octave pitching solo.

Playing a wide range of musical styles were all somewhat connects with rock it's always possible to make the Whammy fit in. Especially when playing creazy lead fills over funky hardrock rhythms or just wanting an intro or break with originality. To find these crazy facemelting eargasms a lot of experimental time is needed. To get tips on getting more sounds search for Tom Morello lessons or Whammy on youtube. Good luck.

Yes! it's no problem.Its steel casing and high quality knobs is perfect for gigs. Off course it's not like a tank but it's taking sweat and stomps and beerbottleattacks. I wouldn't bother getting a backup because it's allready quite expensive and I feel I can depend on it anyways.

This is the ultimate psychopedal for those with a little more theory knowledge. Ok, it's not like you can't use it just by fiddling away for hours and hours finding that cool delayphrased extranotes ala Morello and Bumblefoot. it's also possible to settle with the octave high/low settings wich sounds cool alone. But if you want to use this Machine to the max, at least I feel that you need to know what you are doing when you're adding an extra 3rd or 5th note higher or lower to the note your playing. If you know how, it's very easy to use. For example: I play in a certain key or over a chord where some scalepatterns fit to it. Using the Whammy with adding 3rd or 4th notes changes the amount of notes usable for that key. Because I actually play two notes at the same time and the added one is a disharmonic note to that key and it sounds false. I would want to know the exact notes and the intervalls between them so I could set teh Whammy to the right setting right away. But don't misunderstand me. Never stop experimenting with sound! The mistakes sometimes are the brightest ideas for cool stuff.

skatertrev
    udaz wrote: Get a zoom g1x, it basically is the digitech whammy although its not as quality, it has a bunch of other effects which arent top notch but when run thru a gud amp (marshall, line 6, roland, vox) and a tele or les paul ts wil sound awesum
    I have a g1x and want to get rid of it. The only reason I have it is for the delay and whammy. As soon as i can get a boss delay and a real whammy this thing is gone.
    xJohnxAnarchyx
    I notice that no one has mentioned Buckethead in the reviews for this. He uses the Whammy too. And Bumblefoot. I'm getting mine in about a month and I can't wait.
    BrickIsRed
    "The first day got it I dropped it down a couple of stairs" What is it with pedal and dropping new stuff down the stairs? Is that like the universal stress test?
    ZeppelinRulez77
    Great pedal, and to the people complaining about the price, I know it seems a little pricey, but if you have looked at octave pedals, this IS the cheap solution. Eventide and the POG cost twice as much or more than this thing.