FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus review by DOD

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DOD: FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I use a Fender Telecaster played out of a Fender Super 60 amp. This pedal produces a very lush chorus effect. It is even possible to get a Nirvana sound out of this pedal.

I've been playing in a punk/grunge band for about three years and this was the second pedal a purchased. It has held up well over the years, and although I prefer the Small Clone, I still use this every once and a while and always have it as a backup. If this were lost or stolen I would probably buy another.

This pedal, like most DOD pedals, has a metal casing with a plastic pedal instead of a metal button. It is a relatively sturdy pedal but I have a feeling that the plastic part may fail soon seeing as how I've had this pedal for many years. I usually bring a backup, as with all my pedals, but it shouldn't be necessary. This pedal is also great when it comes to battery power. I only really had to change the batteries only once every one or two months.

This pedal is relatively easy to use. It came with a small pamphlet with some sample sounds that are good to base your own settings off of. It has four knobs which give you total control over the sound, unlike the Small Clone.