FX69 Grunge review by DOD

DOD: FX69 Grunge

I play through a Fender Strat into a Fender amp. It is not the best setup in the world, but by throwing in this Grunge pedal it has improved the sound significantly. I am not a huge fan of Fender distortion and this pedal totally does the trick for me. My only complaint with the sound is that it is impossible (using the pedal knobs only) to dial in very light distortion. However, for punk and heavier rock, this pedal sounds great.

I generally play punk and heavy rock. This pedal works perfectly for what I need. I also play in a worship band and use this pedal for all my distortion needs. If lost or stolen I would definitely replace it in half a heartbeat. I love this sounds I can get out of it and the purplish body definitely makes it stand out. My favorite thing about it is the ability to dial in very rich, heavy distortion. The only thing I wish it had was the capability of producing very light distortion. Overall, I have recommended it to all my friends and anybody else I come across.

I have played several times using just this pedal alone. I do not need to worry about backups because I know I can depend on this pedal. It is built very solidly and I have no fear of breaking it ever.

I found this pedal to be extremely easy to set up. With a very basic list of controls (Volume, Treble, Bass, Grunge) it didn't take long at all to dial in a sound I liked. The pedal was very self explanatory and the manual included some basic starter configurations.