FX69B Grunge review by DOD

DOD: FX69B Grunge

Purchased from: Dave's Music

This pedal is all about distortion! It is really good for playing rhythm or playing insane solos. I play lots of nirvana, and my band plays alot of punk/grunge/emo music. I use a 1965 epiphone SG with a Crate halfstack and a series of other pedals including DigiTech DF7 and Death Metal and a CryBaby classic. Just with the Grunge pedal I can play anything Nirvana (except slow clean songs) really well.

I play everthing grungy and punk. This pedal is perfect for me. I can even get tones from AC/DC to Hawthorn Heights. I've been playing for four or five years and only a few single effect pedals can compete. Even though this pedal suits me if mine were lost or stolen I would buy the DigiTech version.

The Grunge pedal is very sturdy. I've used it in all my gigs and it has not broke. the battery needs replacing after a few long uses, but most people have an adpter or power block.

The Grunge pedal is really easy to use. It has a volume, low, high, and Grunge knobs. Even though it has four knobs, you can only get one or two sounds from it. It is either bassy or trebley scalling Overdrive.