FX69B Grunge review by DOD

DOD: FX69B Grunge

Purchased from: ebay

My set up is very simple my amp and guitar are from the Crate tour pack. I wasn't able to get 100% the sound I wanted cause I don't have the guitar that I need for my sound or the amp but it is a great pedal for my Grunge band. The sound I get is very similiar to Nirvana. The distortion is very good very raunchy it's also good if you want to give some feedback.

I play grunge/alternative/punk mostly and it's a really great match for my band I really like it so I'm happy. I've been playing for about nine months and that's basically all of my gear a Crate tour pack a cool strap and cable and my pedal. I probably wouldn't of asked anything before bidding on this pedal cause it's just simple it's not a very great all around pedal it's really good for what the title of the pedal is. I probably would buy it again if it got stolen/or if I lost it just cause it's not very expensive and I already know what it sounds like. I guess it would be nice if this pedal was better for different styles of music but then again when I bid on it I had a great idea of what it would be good for.

For the time I've had it it seems very durable. It's really solid. I would use it at a gig without a backup simply because I'd rather by another effect pedal before buying backups. Also I'd use it without a backup at a gig just cause it's the osund that I need for my band and it will fit in well.

First off the FX69B DOD Grunge pedal is a great for the price I paid. I was able to get a close sound to what I originally want very quickly so that was easy, all round it's really easy to use. The knobs are simple and everything. The battey's in a good place too.

nezv6
    I bought one of these today. It easily gets the modern thick distortion I was looking for. I tried the digitech grunge prior to this and I must say, this is far superior, the digitech was very fizzy and shrill sounding.