FX69B Grunge review by DOD

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
DOD: FX69B Grunge

I have used it with a Fender Squire Stratocaster plugged into a Johnson Rep-tone 15 amp. It can get as noisy as you like, but it doesn't get a nice creamy distortion. If you turn the settings up you get a nice noisy sound, but if you turn it down you can use it as a volume booster. The effects aren't weak, but it sounds a little "boxed" so it doesn't sound all that great. No, I can't get the sound of any of my favorite artists.

I play Alternative Punk and this match isn't made in heaven. I've been playin for over three years and I own much better distortion pedals than the DOD Grunge. I wished I had heard how it sounds before purchesing this product. If it were stolen, I wouldn't care. I don't really love anything about it, cept that I could probably give it away to a friend Who's begining out. I compared it and it sounds inferior to my DS-1. I choose it because I thought it might be better than my DigiTech Grunge pedal. I wish it had better distortion.

I don't think I could depend on it and I wouldn't use it on a gig. It's not that great sounding and I don't use it in any of my songs. It kinda reminds me of my DigiTech Grunge but it sounds crappier but I guess it won't last. It doesn't have great reliability or duribility.

It's a great pedal for beginners, it has High, low, Grunge, and volume knobs. It's pretty simple to put in a great sound and you can also combine many settings. I didn't recieve a manual for it. It's easy to use, but sounds not that great. It's an ok pedal, but souldn't be considered by intermediate guitarists.

GibsonPWNS
    nutinpwnsgibson : hmmm this pedal strangly looks familiar lol.
    Lol, LOVE the name..... Anyway I had a buddy who owned the pedal and let me tell you what, you can get some of the most retardidly, screaming, whining emo tones out of it that you could ever want. All im saying is that if your wanting to nosedive into a vat of razor blades, then hop to and chop chop.
    lepermessiah22
    pig god 121 wrote: ok how come its so cheap... i reckon it'll break after like 3 weeks
    Ok this is the first pedal i ever got. I got it when i was like 12 i think. I'm 20 now and the thing still works like a charm. Having said that, the name of the pedal is very appropriate. This is a good pedal if you are looking for a grungy hard rock type of sound, but isn't great if you are looking to play metal with it.
    J.J.G.
    isnt this a copy from the electro harmonix pedal? I mean there are lots of grunge pedals, but the box graphics are always diferent. in this case.....
    Anjohl
    The DOD grunge pedal is sweet for what it is...DOD pedals are actually very sought after, because they have very intense effects.
    crazy8rgood
    i want to get one, but it costs 50 bucks at the guitar center(wich is the only music store i can find around were i live that sells pedals, but i think theres another, but i dont know were it is.)!!! saving up my money. Sounds like a good pedal to me, but hey, im a grunge-head!
    The Fret-Dancer
    One of my friends gave this pedal to me and its an o.k. pedal. Rather...sub-par I guess is the word. It sounds a bit too saturated without enough cut for me though the one i have is old and faulty and that may have something to do with the lack of quality. Not a bad pedal.
    Dirt Bag Boy
    i bought that from my buddy last year for 10 bucks on the damn school bus. its not terrible. better than some of the digitech distortions ive used, like the hot head. since ive had it, it has been durable as hell, hasnt had any problems, but now its a bit useless(marshall distortion kicks its ass)
    Anjohl
    Digitech owns DOD now. DOD pedals are very artifical sounding, the distortion the grunge pedal gives is a bit misleading, as it's actually very raspy, and can do some deadly death metal/thrash. Give it a whirl. don't let the name fool you.