FX86 Death Metal Distortion review by DOD

DOD: FX86 Death Metal Distortion

I use an Aria STG-004/7, i.e., a cheap seven string guitar. I gotta tell ya though, this pedal makes my pinch harmonics soar. Recently had a solo gig at my uncle's wedding, where I played a Crazy Train/Master Of Puppets medley. Through my tiny Harmony amp, it sounded better than I expected. It didn't give off too much noise (possibly because of my humbucker pickups). While the tone isn't exact, I can play some good Megadeth with this baby on the right settings. Korn comes out a little wierd, but I prefer to not copy the tones point for point. This is definitly something for the more heavy and sharp stuff you hear from Rammstein. The tone is like a sheet metal slicer; beautiful in its own way.

For my shit, this rocks. It can do Black Sabbath beautifully. My original stuff is influenced by Sabbath, Korn, John5, Megadeth, Manson. This a good one to have for metal fans. Being a player of 2 1/2 years, I can say I like this one a lot. If it was stolen, I might buy it again, but I haven't experienced the right pedal thats perfect for me yet. This one comes closer than any though.

I have to say this thing is rock solid. It can certainly hold its own. Not an easily breakable device.

When it comes to ease, I don't think it gets a whole lot easier. 4 dials, adjust 'till you get a sound you like and away you go! I didn't have a manual since I got it as a gift from my uncle (he already had so many pedals).

smooth-crimonal
    that`s my first pedal, it is pretty mean, but after a few months i noticed that swich has some wierd action, after a while swich faild to operate, so you can`t swich distorsion of
    kiefermatot
    Yeah, I'm using it now. I'm borring it off my friend. It's pretty noisy, and the switch doesn't work well sometimes.