FX86 Death Metal Distortion review by DOD

DOD: FX86 Death Metal Distortion

Purchased from: P.A Music Centre

The sound is amazing, I'm running Gibson Epiphone to a Stage Tg-10 amp it's small with little distortion and turns it all the way up. I play music like Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, Slayer, and many more, the pedal reaches the distortion level needed to play the sharp solos of Atreyu and Anthrax and the rhythm of bfmv the effect all around is good.

This pedal is good for metal and death metal (obviously) it's very good for people looking to play in the basement. I've been playiing for over four years with a Fender Squire Bullet and a Gibson Epiphone and a Quest Bass with a TG-10 stage amp and and a Traynor bass amp. I really should asked the guy what the life of the switch. If the pedal gets stolen or broken get a new pedal with a longer lifespan. I'm getting a better pedal as soon as possible and will give a new review. I love the sound and distortion it gives to weak amps, I hate the wearing of the switch, my favorite feature is the names under the turning knobs. I wish it had a better more durable switch.

You can't depend on this item lasting your whole music career or practice time, the switch would fail on you. I would not prefer it to be use in a gig with out a backup, sometimes the pedal will take a while to start up or not start up at all if the battery life is low change them or it wont work. The switch wears out and breaks easily so don't put to much reliabilty into the little box.

The sound of the DOD deathmetal distortion pedal is easy to use but the Switch after a while of use will stop working cause complication to occur. The all around use is good if you have little money the DOD Death Metal will help you if you have an amp that is low on distorion.

AlexAvarice
    muzz666 wrote: scarfacesuit wrote: haha. i got a cheap, 15 watt Behringer V-Tone GM108 modeling amp, and it has amazing distortion. and it's only like 60 bucks... i don't see why people buy distortion pedals. you can get a cheap amp with great distortion if you simply look for it. That better be bloody sarcasm....
    All depends on what the kid plays. Obviously, he's not looking for a Slipknot or Chiodos sound. He probably doesn't need real distortion, so the fuzzy mess you get from a 15W solid state combo is all he needs. I got an all tube Marshall head going through a Crate cab and I prefer to use 3 pedals to scare up a good screaming sound. It's depends on what you want to do with it.
    bloodzone
    Hey did any of you "wonderful" guitar players ever think that mabey instead of ****ing around with cheap ass distortion pedals, you should just buy a good amp, most of the bands you here that you all like know that if your amp sucks the rest of your music is going to suffer, so throw out the Marshall's and the Gibson's and your precise pedals and learn a bit more before you start giving advice.
    tomisfatt01
    Not everyone can afford a "good" amp. My idea of a "good" amp is a Peavey 6505 or a Mesa Dual Rect. etc Marshall JCM.. and I definitely can't afford either of those 3.
    metalonastrat
    dude, that means the battery's dead...
    $lipKnoT
    metalonastrat wrote: smooth-crimonal wrote: that`s my first pedal, it is pretty mean, but after a few months i noticed that swich has some wierd action, after a while swich faild to operate, so you can`t swich distorsion of dude, that means the battery's dead...
    hahahahahaha