YJM308 Overdrive review by DOD

DOD: YJM308 Overdrive

Purchased from: Local Store

I use this with a 1988 Kramer Striker with Seymour Duncan's and the tone is unbelieveable. On a clean channel, you get a very warm drive that isn't too crisp or too bassy. On a distorted channel (or in front of a distortion pedal, like myself) it works as a great signal boost or for solos and stuff. It doesn't give noise, but I do use a noise gate. This is a fantastic Overdrive pedal. Also, people, this is not a distortion pedal, it will not give you a "metal" crunch. Only misinformed players knock on pedals like this for that.

I play all styles and find this pedal suitable for any type of situation that needs Overdrive. If it broke, I'd buy another one. When compared to the DOD 250, this is the hands down winner. It works best with single coils, but it gives humbuckers a sweet, warm tone that has to be heard to be described. Overall, I highly recommend this pedal.

It eats batteries, but once again, I have a power supply on my pedalboard, so no biggie. This pedal is very sturdy feeling as it's made of metal.

Two knobs, it doesn't get any simpler. The Gain knob adjusts, guess what, the amount of Overdrive. The level controls volume. Basically, to get the Yngwie tone, crank the gain and volume all the way up.