YJM308 Overdrive review by DOD

DOD: YJM308 Overdrive

I'm using it with a strat and a Peavey classic, I also like to run my Fab OD along with it. First off, this gives your tone a lot of bite, so don't run it alone on the clean channel. If you have a bassy dirty channel, the DOD will be great with it. what I like to do, is turn the gain and level up on the DOD (right before it starts to get noisy), and put a Dano Fab OD with the OD on zero, and the level at about 3 o clock, or whatever level to balance out the volume. This way, you get the pristine and defined highs (from the DOD), with the roaring low end and midrange hump of the FAB. It's a reasonably noisy pedal at certain settings. Just keep the gain below 12 o clock, and it won't add much noise. The DOD is perfect for pushing your strat into metal territory or giving your LP some definition.

Overall, this is a good pedal for any pedal board. It gives you control over the clipping of your high end. I would buy it again, as it's not too expensive. I like how it can give you great definition no matter what your rig is. I wish it had an led and True bypass with it stock, but the guy before me modded it already, so that's sweet.

The thing is a brick. It can be used as a hammer when none else are available. I would gig without a backup, but with the price, I'd get a couple to use as boosts with your other effects. You can put your life in it's hands, but the knobs are plastic, but that's no problem. The knobs are a bit too close together, so in the middle of a song, make sure not to knock them out of place. Maybe sub out for some smaller knobs.

Easy to use pedal, one knob for level, one for gain. Mine didn't come with a manual, as it was used, but you really wouldn't need one. This pedal will be easy to use if you have another OD pedal to run along with it. This pedal was not meant to be your sole source of overdrive. I will delve into the sound a bit more later.