Metal Head review by Donner

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Donner: Metal Head

Purchased from: Amazon

Two models:BOOST Mode: Provide BOOST effect of Metal drive; NORMAL Mode: Provide normal effect of Metal drive. Entirely gaining and boosting the distortion degree of metal, has the special and strong distortion effect. Super mini size, made of aluminum alloy, convenient and durable. True bypass provide transparent tone, 100% Analog design. LED indicator shows the working state.

They are super tiny so they take up very little real estate on a chain. It's hard to imagine this little one can make something powerful. The pedal is Very compact and well built, with a solid feel. I use my Blackstar Club 40 or my Marshall DSL It really is a sensitive pedal that let's you dial in some great metal sounds. Whether you want to sound like Dave Mustaine or Zakk Wylde or Brent Hinds it really runs the gamut for sound.

I think I like this one the best. The boost switch is nice, I expected it to be a straight boost but it actually sounds more like a mid boost + distortion. One thing that I like about it vs. Other metal pedals is that it has the gain that goes from a more rock level distortion to a really heavy grungy/metal distortion. I use the LTD-1000 GUITAR.  I'm telling you whether I use my Blackstar Club 40 or my Marshall DSL It really is a sensitive pedal that let's you dial in some great metal sounds. Whether you want to sound like Dave Mustaine or Zakk Wylde or Brent Hinds it really runs the gamut for sound.

These are tough little boxes. Metal frame, solid-feeling jacks and button, smooth knob travel, all good. This great mini pedal is heavy and well built.  This great mini pedal is heavy and well built. It has a good range from "heavy" overdrive to all out black metal. The hi boost is great if you are doing lead and the lo boost is great for pulling back and doing some rhythm "chugs."

It looks well-made and will come in very handy. Use very little money but you can buy good quality and your favorite things. I can't think of any reason not to get this pedal. It's simple, it's cheap, and it sounds great.