Noise Killer review by Donner

Donner: Noise Killer

Purchased from: donnerdeal.com

This is a great little pedal with a big impact, true bypass designed. Two models:Hard Mode: Provide hard effect of noise reduction; Soft Mode: Provide soft effect of noise reduction.

1. Adjusting the noise reduction degree: -70 - +10dB.
2. Whole Aluminium-alloy classic, stable and strong.
3. True bypass provide transparent tone.
4. LED indicator shows the working state.
5. DC 9V Adapter power supply.

This is a great little pedal with a big impact.

• Level Knob: Adjusts the floor for cutoff. Low level means the gate will open up with just a little sound, very sensitive. Higher level means there has to be A LOT of sound to open the door. At zero, the pedal does nothing. At max, the pedal blocks the guitar completely. Somewhere in between is your personal sweet spot.
  • On/Off and LED: works
  • Power: 9v wall outlet only. It's a standard plug just like the other pedals. Even with a cheap wall plug made for guitar there is no noise.
  • Hard / Soft switch: I assume this switch is to change the speed at which the pedal cuts in and out. I can't really tell a difference
  • Battery: NONE
  • Size: Slim
  • Input / Output height: The jacks are placed LOWER on the pedal closer to the floor. Input is 10% north of the equator and output is offset 10% south. Jack placement is true to the picture.

I have a Fender Tele with humbuckers, and very noise with high volume and distortions effects. This pedal kill all bzzzzzz noise! I also use my Boss MT-2 pedal, but the MT-2 made noise, and the Donner Noise Killer cuts noise to nothing. When I play a Tele, Firebird, and ES335 through my regular setup (Vox AC30) and barely notice any change. I prefer the "soft" setting of the switch and have the dial set at 8 o'clock. Remember, if your pedal board is really noisy, you're not setting it up correctly.

Small size and big energy, it can work for a long time on my pedal board. This pedal can help me to have a better performance. The strap buttons are very strong. Good quality Aluminum Alloy shell. Every metal part is good. When I play the guitar this little pedal works perfectly at cutting the signal and creating silence. The Donner Noise Killer finish good enough to last. Stellar pedal with very simple, but effective, operation. This pedal kicked two other noise-gates off my pedalboard at a fraction of the cost. It doesn't cut off the notes or suck the overall tone if the threshold is set properly.

The Donner Noise Killer did a great job. It simply works. It takes up very little space on my pedalboard and it's really easy to use. I put it after my dirt pedals and looper and there is no noise when I'm not playing. Exactly what I wanted. Why spend $100 when this little guy does a fantastic job? Honestly, it's a great bargain and is perfectly at home next to my "boutique" pedals and high-end gear. Even at very high gain settings and using multiple effects, it just isolates the hum/hiss and pulls down the noise without causing any latency or loss. I love it, and the small form factor is perfect.