Ultimate Comp review by Donner

Donner: Ultimate Comp

Purchased from: Amazon

I have an amp that I love (Fender Blues Deluxe) that is powerful but has no step-down adjustment so it is a bit difficult to evaluate the compression quality because pretty much anything past "2" rattles windows and sends the dogs running. But after spending some time with the pedal on and off and at different levels I can definitely say it does it's job. I tested it directly between the guitar and the amp and in the front of my pedal chain just after the tuner and wah pedal. No noticeable difference and again, absolutely no noise. Very small footprint and very sturdy metal case. The first one I got must have been defective and the company supervisor has apologized profusely for the problem I had with the previous customer rep. I purchased a fuzz pedal a few months ago and had absolutely no problems. I would not now hesitate to order a Donner product again in the future. The supervisor (Zhan) was very helpful in this situation. I think anyone would be pleased with this pedal.

The compressor have two modes: Normal compression mode and Treble compression mode. The compressor that provides a smooth compressed tone. Our circuit has been optimized according to the characteristics of the electric guitar and performs outstandingly over the spectrum of different playing styles. The compressed tone is round and smooth, full of musicality, and perfectly retains the original guitar tone.

1. Rugged, small footprint.

2. Very low noise, and compress the guitar sound really well. You can get mild compression, or long sustain that allow clean guitar to sing.

3. The EQ ability. You have the treble/normal switch to decide how much treble you want to retain. You also have the tone knob to adjust the balance between high and lwo end. I find this particularly useful for the quick funk runs, that many times you want to get rid of the muddy low end and just keep the mid to higher frequency. This pedal does that perfectly.

With all these above, and for the price, I have zero complains and would highly recommend it. This is the perfect pedal for me. We play really loud, articulate, modern rock and this is now on my board and I never turn it off. I get a very smooth tone with a nice attack. I have to cut through a Mesa and an Orange - this helps a lot. Like it's the perfect final touch to my current rig. It is silent, small and very sturdy. I'm looking forward to my next Donner pedal - I want to replace my noise gate and add an Overdrive.

The strap buttons are very strong. Good quality Aluminum Alloy shell. Every metal part is good. The texture of this small thing is very good and the effect is very useful. This Donner Compressor Pedal does everything I need it to and does it well. Great compression. Very controllable. You can get squashed tones or a subtle smoothing quality to the sound that really helps to even out the parts you are playing. It does a great job at adding sparkle to your base clean sound. The strap buttons are very strong. Good quality Aluminum Alloy shell. Every metal part is good.

This is the third Donner product I've tried. The other pedal I've tried is the Noise Killer, which I found to be the clear cut best noise gate I've used in that particular price range. The same applies with this compressor, only I own a few compressors that retail for more than this and it is in my opinion the best is the best I own now. Like other Donner mini's, this can only be powered by adapter. It comes in a petite but travel friendly box, which I find cool. All switches and knobs seem to be built well.

diemydarling
    Sorry but seems more like an ad than review edit: ok just looking his/her/its other reviews shows this is clearly an ad. don't know whether the pedal is actually good, some donners are, but I hereby declare this review is null and void