535Q Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 535Q Cry Baby

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I use this pedal with a Fender Fat Strat and a Traynor YCV 50blue. With the Fasel this pedal sounds great. The sound is great on a clean or dirty channel, and the boost is great for solos. Metal to blues, this pedal is great for the sounds I want out of it.

My overall impression of this pedal is great. I play every style of music. This versatile wah can handle them all. If I lost this pedal I would buy it again. The only thing I wish this wah had was the torque adjustment for the rocker that the Zakk Wylde wah had.

On my wah, I have a small problem with the wah range selector knob. If it is knocked while using the wah, the wah may short out. I have not gotten it fixed yet due to lack of cash, but I assume it is a one off problem not to be associated with all 535Qs. Besides that, it is a durable pedal. However, as with most pedals, this one should be used with an adapter instead of a battery. Never gig with just a battery in your wah.

This wah sounds great. I've owned an Original Crybaby and a Zakk Wylde Wah before I bought this. While I did not like the tone of the Original Wah, and while I absolutly hated the ZW Wah, this wah sounds far beter in my opinion. The versatility is key. With a boost button, wah range selector, Q knob, and volume control, you can achieve many different tones out of the one pedal. Included with the wah is a booklet showing how to dial up the tone of your favourite wah guitarists including Tom Morello and Jimi Hendrix to name a few.

jammwill
    I get so tired of people who formulate an opinion on an entire brand based on one faulty unit. Get your head out of your butt - every once in awhile you'll get a lemon. It happens.
    frusciante_fan!
    this wah is awesome. i use it on a fender strat and it sounds fabulous. I love the Q dile for it lets u change the variety of your wah sound to suit anything.
    Dark Aegis
    Trip272 wrote: WARNING! do NOT buy this pedal!! I used to have one and it broke within a week!
    Dude I own three dunlops and havent had a damn problem with any of them.
    metallfiendVT
    I love this pedal, it sounds amazing if you take the time to tweak the settings to your preference (this can take a while, but is worth it). I play it through a 100w kustom stack, and it helps you deliver those "face melting solos" and sweet sweet chord progressions. This thing is also a durable mo fo! My mother, in a fit of uncontrollable rage threw it across my room, where it proceeded to bounce off of the wall, hit a chair, and come to rest on a hardwood floor. I died a little inside when this happened. But, when I plugged it back in, it worked like the day I bought it, not problems, no loose anything. Rugged $hit.