535Q Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 535Q Cry Baby

As of right now I've got an Ibanez RGex41 and a Line 6 Spider III 15w Practice amp, and the pedal sounds pretty sweet with them, like when I'm playing the sweet child o' mine solo from Guns N' Roses or like Jimi Hendrix it sounds pretty sweet. Even though you can get a Slash wah or a Hendrix wah, get this one because you can play with the Q-Variable, the volume, and the Wah range selector. The effect it's self is really very loud with the volume booster on. But I did have a problem with my first one because the little bar on the inside that like make the pedal go up and down it's supposed to have white stuff on it so it doesn't make noise and it didn't have any on it so I had to exchange it.

My overall impression of the Dunlop 35Q Crybaby Wah pedal is well, I like it not much more to say then that, but if it did break or somthing I most likely wouldn't buy this pedal again or at least not right away because for $70.00 more I could get the DigiTech Whammy pedal, just becuase I want that more but I would probably buy it later on in my life. This pedal most defiantly fits the types of music I play because well I play almost everything, Other than country. I have been playing for about a year now, yeah I know not a long time. But I play like 3 hours out of every day so I am ok. You may think well he's only been playing for like a year why would I trust his opinion on a $130.00 pedal well just get the pedal and find out OK!

This pedal is really quite durable because it's got a metal frame and it's kinda just a solid thick pedal to begin with. And I have been using it for about three weeks now and it hasn't like stopped working or like acted funny on me yet so I'm hoping it doesn't do anything in the near future. But I recommend using the ac adapter because the batteries are quite the little bastards to deal with because they die in like no time and all the money you'll spend on them will be way more than the price of an adapter. And there is No Doubt in my mind that I would gig without a backup, because this pedal I put all my trust into yeah!

This pedal is quite easy to use after you use it for a little while. All you have to turn it on, is to push down kinda hard with your foot(Obviously)until you here a click or feel sort of a vibration through your foot. Then you just have to push forward with your toes, and back with your heel. See I didn't read the instruction manual until after I figured it out but I'm still doing it right. But basically the manual will tell you the same thing but longer. You can also select the wah range selector, and the variable Q selector, volume, and volume boost. I honestly don't even know if you can get upgrades for this pedal but if there is I probably am not going to get it.

Agent_00Funk
    Trip272 wrote: WARNING! do NOT buy this pedal!! I used to have one and it broke within a week! Since then I have never bought another dunlop product and I advise you to look around for a better wah wah. i would try musiciansfriend or your local music store. Honestly! save your self the trouble! Its not worth your hard earned dough!
    Have had mine for 2 years. Thing is built like a damn tank. Great pedal.
    HazeD
    this sumbitch is solid. i got it at guitar center about 3 months ago, and its awesome, the only thing that sucks is that if u dont unplug the guitar cable it eats the battery, but thats nothing a 9volt cant fix =). very good range on this pedal, very smooth. dunlop is the best, accept no substitutes
    jo3myster
    Hey Fuck You. Mine Didnt break yet so again **** you you dirty uncle ****er, Your a boner biting bitch uncle ****er
    w3ird_people
    i regret getting the gcb-95 when i could have saved a little more cash and bought a model with more tonal possibilities. that said, the one i have works well and gets decent battery life(as long as you pull the cables out when you're done).