535Q Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 535Q Cry Baby

I'm using an Ibanez Iceman ICT700, Morley little alligator and Peavey Valveking 212 with this pedal. It's not noisy on any of the settings. It has 6 wah ranges, and they always sound great, along with two knobs and even a boost button and nothings wrong with any of them. I can get the sound of Slash, Kirk Hammett, Jimmy Hendrix and such but mainly I think this pedal was made for the harder music out there.

I play hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal and so forth and this pedal is a nice match. I've been playing a year and I own and Ibanez Iceman ICT700, Peavey valveking 212 and Morley little alligator. I tried this product out in the store and the guys were very helpful. If it was stolen I would definitely try to get it back.The thing I love about it really is that it's quite versatile and the wah ranges. I don't hate anything, the boost button is also my favorite feature, it's insane. I compared it with the Slash wah, 95Q, and ZW-45 and I chose this one just because I liked it more and it doesn't lack anything.

I can depend on it, I've owned it for 2 months now and It hasn't conked out on me yet. The battery life is amazing, I'm pretty sure I haven't actually changed the battery after having this thing for two months, and I use it all the time. Never use anything at a gig without a backup, although this thing seems pretty reliable.

This pedal is very easy to use, with very well explained controls. It's mainly good sound all around as it's a very versatile pedal with 6 wah ranges, a boost button, and two control knobs (volume and variable Q). I can't say much about the manual, there is one though (I lost mine). My unit has not been upgraded and I do not know the firmware revision number.

aeliustehman
    Trip272 wrote: WARNING! do NOT buy this pedal!! I used to have one and it broke within a week! Since then I have never bought another dunlop product and I advise you to look around for a better wah wah. i would try musiciansfriend or your local music store. Honestly! save your self the trouble! Its not worth your hard earned dough!
    Wow. Yes, things break . Ever considered you just got a bad one?
    craigfarner
    This may be the best Crybaby ever made. Trip 272 is an idiot, these are great wahs.
    craigfarner
    Trip272 is a cool dude, but he knows nothing about Crybabys. He should buy another.
    93xx93
    I've had this for more than a year and it still works like it's brand new. Compatible for any style of music.