535Q Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 535Q Cry Baby

Purchased from: Music ground

I run it either through my home made warmoth tele with a Nailbombs or a Epiphone Les Paul Custom through an z.vex Vexter Fuzz Factory and a luther drive, plus a MXR carbon copy and micro flanger, plus an Orange crush 35 dlx ( getting Marshall sone, yay). I have also used it with my Ovation electro-acoustic but I don't use it much. I found that through a noisy amp it decreases the noise but you can still here the filter changing. I feel the effects sound great, as good as the clyde standard I tried, and I can get the tones of Jimi Hendrix, tom morello and mick thomson with ease.

I feel that a) it fits all styles b) The hot potz pot works well, as good as the fasel I tried in the classic c) If it was stolen I would replace it without hesitation d) The main thing I love is the simplicity, I have complicated pedals and I love them but the simplicity is great e) if any thing I maybe wish it would have a cooler design but anyway

I can depend on it, as I have had one fault which I took to he shop and it took them five minutes to fix and they taught me in case it went wrong. I would use it for a gig without backup but I do have a rhythm guitarist with a backup instead. It is what they are for, isn't it.

This pedal is very easy and fun to use. There is no mucking about with controls, just pure Wah tone. The moment I took it out the box I had some reasonably good sounds and this is my first and I hope, only.

marshallrocks
    Bullshit
    Trip272 wrote: WARNING! do NOT buy this pedal!! I used to have one and it broke within a week! Since then I have never bought another dunlop product and I advise you to look around for a better wah wah. i would try musiciansfriend or your local music store. Honestly! save your self the trouble! Its not worth your hard earned dough!
    blinkSumNOFX
    Im buying this wah for some cool leads that i know it can produce, but also im going for a good ska tone. To the owners of the 535Q, would you recommend it for ska?
    Anwar76
    This piece of junk plays a radio station through my mixer, it's not my guitar; it's this piece of crap pedal.Why does this piece of junk pick up a radio station, this really pisses me off!!!