95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I play my Ibanez JTK1 through the wah, into the MXR GT-OD, into my Peavey Transtube 112 amp, and it sounds great. It doesn't make any unwanted noise at all, unless you enable the volume boost and have it set for the vol. boost to be at max. It is quite versatile, capable of playing blues to classic rock (when set on low sweep frequency)all the way to some true metal (normally when set on higher sweep freq).

I play mostly classic-rock, hard rock, and some metal, and this pedal is great for all of them. However, you have to play around with the dials, to make them suit each genre. I don't regret buying this product, seeing as it was my first wah pedal, but if it ever broke down or was stolen, I would definitely buy another wah pedal instead of this one. The thing I love most about it, is the fact that it has a spring, unlike all other wah pedals I've tried, so you don't need to crack back, you just put pressure forward, and ease the pressure to let it go backwards. I also love the fact that it is switchless, meaning the moment I put my foot on it, it engages, no stepping on a Switch. The only thing I don't like about it, is the un natural sound you get from hearing it go from normal to wah, it is not very smooth. Other than that, I really do like my pedal.

The reliability and Durability was much better than everything else the pedal seemed to offer. Although when I bought it, Brand New from the store, the case you snap on, to lock the 9volt battery in the bottom, was broken and didn't hold it in at all. Despite this, it is built like a tank, and I can even stand on it without worrying about a thing. I would definitely use it playing a gig, without a backup.

It is very easy to get a decent sound out of this pedal, but it takes some time to get a sound that you truly love. The "manual" didn't help in getting the sound I wanted, at all. It was just some tips that you could figure out if you were completely new to guitar. Although after all the hassle you go through with setting up the right sound, you never have to change it again, it is just easy sailing from there.