95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah

Price paid: € 135

Purchased from: Reynolds Letterekenny

I use this in front of any of my other effects, into my DigiTech Whammy, Ex-7, OD-3, GE-7, DsD-3 and then into my Line 6 Dl4 delay pedal and into my Blackstar HT40. No matter what guitar I use with this, humbucker equipped, single coiled, active/passive, hollow/solid bodied; this pedal has the same range, same sound, same kicka-sed effect. It's not really noisy unless you set the boost to full and holding the pedal so the effect is engaged while distorting the sound, it's noisy. But just a buzz, nothing that a noise suppressor can't sort out, OR, you could just take your foot of the pedal so it's off. This pedal is just a modified version of the icon that is the crybaby wah, it gets every great sound and tone you want.

I play metal and rock and a good load of anything really. I think this pedal covers all bases of music and will last the test of time as a must have pedal. If not this model of the crybaby, everyone should own a crybaby some time. They are a great learning tool and a great songwriting tool. If it were nicked, I'd definately get another, the exact same model. What I love about it is the subtle Drive boost you can get from pressing the little red button in, it's just the cherry on top. Get a crybaby, canny beat them.

Yup, I believe that this thing would be able to take a serious pounding and a heck of a lot of road work, but, I am a little concerned about the openly visible pot but I know that's reliable. I must also note, that when I got this pedal, before I plugged it in I checked in the battery case to see if it was included, I couldn't open it easily and ended up breaking the battery case. So it was sellotaped closed before I got to use it for the first time. This may seem like a bad thing but I have a universal power supply running my board so I don't really care as long as it's running.

It's very easy to get a good sound out of this, it basically comes set to rock. There's no patch editing to be done, it's bucket brigade works inside that beautiful iconic black metal case. The manuals good, only needs to list the 2 controls and talk about the treadle.