95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah

The 95Q has a few really cool bells and whistles which are what separate it from the standard Dunlop classic. Now, I don't believe that Dunlop makes the best wah pedal. I wrote an article thoroughly addressing this which you can find under "Josh's Corner" at www.skinnymusic.com. I am a big fan of the original Thomas Organ Company/VOX Clyde McCoy from the late 60's/early 70's that Geoffrey Teese recreates via his Real McCoy Custom Wah's, such as the RMC3F. That being said, it would be ridiculous to wax sardonic with regards to every other wah out there like some austere fascist.

So, the Dunlop 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah is a very nice improvement on their classic standard. I believe that the value is great for the price. I definitely prefer the original Thomas Organ and the Italian Fasel inductor/special caps but that will cost you an extra hundred bucks and it's not like the Dunlop sounds bad. In fact, it sounds great, it's just not the best. When it comes to finding your perfect wah, there is a lot of information out there. Read a little bit, watch some demos and try them out for yourself. As I said, there are so many cool ones that it should be a fairly painless journey - Enjoy! By Josh Hiken

The Dunlop 95Q Cry Baby is super-cool for the price (around $120.00) and is extremely versatile. I love the the famous "Q" control, which varies the intensity of the wah effect by adjusting the effect's bandpass shape. It is so important that a player has the ability to adjust the depth of the effect. Quickly though, I must say that I'm surprised how many people actually disagree with me on that. I've talked to some very heavy-hitters who don't seem to care much about that - which I admittedly, find a little shocking. Dunlop's Auto-Return function that automatically engages the effect when you place your foot on the pedal is a personal favorite. Now, this means that you don't have the standard engage button to press which may also turn a few folks off. This is a matter of personal preference and it seems much more efficient to have the pedal ready to go without having to depress it first. It is logical to me but I could see how that would bother certain people. The other notable feature is the volume boost which is just a cool bonus. I'm all about extra boost and volume controls whenever possible and the Dunlop 95Q provides this in a very manageable format.

The Dunlop 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah is an effects pedal for the electric guitar. Finding the perfect wah pedal for your particular needs can be quite a fun little challenge. There are so many great ones, making the challenge anything but frustrating.

RoKHED
    ^ Maybe you're using the wrong cables or something... All I know, is the auto wah built into ANY amp is a waste of time... I'm gonna get me one of dez pedals, I gotta get a better sound for my bluesy soloing technique... (I play quite similarly to Slash, Joe Perry, etc.)