DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

Purchased from: Hollowood Music

I use this pedal with a Gibson SG Standard and a highway one telecaster through a Fender pro junior amp. It sounds really good with all other effects, but I like it most just by itself. It does get kind of noisy when you have overdrive or distortion on and the volume boost on the wah. You get a single coil buzz times 500. Pretty much this pedal sounds great all the time once you get it set to where you like it. You can get pretty much any tone out of this whether it be Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton or Dimebag or Zakk Wylde, pretty much whatever you want.

I play mostly classic rock and blues along with basically anything else you want. This thing fits every musical style imaginable. I've been playing for about 7 years and this is my third wah pedal. I don't think I'm ever going to need another one. If it was stolen I would replace it but I would check out the new slash wah first. I compared this one to the 535Q and a Classic Crybaby (I've had others but none are as sweet sounding as crybabies) but when I went to buy the 535Q the store was out and but they had this one so the guy sold it to me for the price of the 535Q. Glad I got this one it is sweet!

This thing is built like a tank. I can put all my weight on it (and I'm a big dude) and it doesn't even effect it at all. I have gigged with it and it sounds great live. You would never need a backup.

This pedal is ridiculous. It has the five way selector on the side to change the tone from a high singing wah to a low rumbling wah. It also has three smaller knobs that allow you to change the breadth of the sweep and a fine tune knob that gives you even more control over the tone. The volume boost on the pedal gives a nice extra crunch to the guitar especially on clean settings. Another thing that might be useful is that it has an extra input on the same side as the output. It didn't really help me very much but whatever. This is the most versatile wah that I have ever used, but the controls are kinda complicated.

Danis1
    Synyster Gates uses this wah pedal, so it must be bloody good!
    imbackagain2
    do you have any suggestions for settings other then figure it out for yourself on the pedal?
    stumtk
    i keep the volume knob cranked and use the frequency one and put that all the way to the right and the fine tune i just found a spot that sounds good. I keep the volume knob high so u can play it normally and just kick in the boost when u want
    Axeslayer55
    This pedal is freakin awesome, its obviously great for Dimebag stuff. I've found it usefull for Kirk Hammet sounds also. This pedal is amazing.
    Danis1
    im currently looking for a wah pedal and i cant decide what i should get, in whoevers personal opinion what is better DB-01 (Dimebag Darrel Signature wah) or a GCB-95F (CLASSIC crybaby)?
    slayer99567
    i saw one at a guitar store called mike music and they were selling them for $30 because they were about to go out of bussines
    justinbob33
    i absolutely love this pedal. its the first effect i ever bought and i'm happy about my decision. this thing works great with every style, even with my black metal band!!!