DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Sound is awesome! I don't play Pantera covers but I'm 100% sure it'd do them total justice. I play hard rock a blues. Like stuff from GN'R, VR, SRV, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc. I use my Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom along with my Marshall Vintage Modern 2266. The wah is pretty distinct. Like all wahs it doesnt't really cut through after around the 16/17th fret. But the wah has the Q-control knob which gives different ranges of a different "wah". Like a deeper or a higher. I try to keep it fairly balanced, but I keep it a tad more on the deeper side. I compared it to the Zakk Wylde wah and I thought this was better by far.

My overall impression is that if you have the money for this wah spend it, this wah is like every wah put into one. I play hard rock and this wah is perfect for me. If it was stolen, well, I dunno I'd probably save up again and buy it again. I love all teh features. At first I was pretty sketchy about it since I like simple, but for this it was awesome, I can go from a Hendrix classic vibe wah to a more modern higher range wah. I compared this to the Hendrix and the Zakk Wydle wah and chose the Dimebag wah over both of them. I even own the classic too, which I am planning on selling. Or maybe modding.

I'm 100% sure I can depend on it. I've treated all my wahs like shit. They're supposed to stomped on haha. But other than that I don't think I would need a backup as long as I put fresh batteries in it or later end up buying an adapter for it. The paint sorta makes it look weak at first but it's still heavy and still feels strong.

There are a few knobs on it. It doesn't really take a long time to figure it out but it's not as simple as the classic and Original Crybaby. The manual tells you what each knobs does which is helpful I guess even though on the bottom plate of the pedal it has all the instructions too. 8 because it's not super simple.

MorgMetal_666
    I'm stuck between the wylde and the dime one. Which one could get a Kirk Hammett sound? Do they work with a distortion pedal? My 535Q doesn't.
    MorgMetal_666
    lamb-of-god-666 wrote: ISM wrote: The classic wah can't survive when used with a distortion pedal; I know that cos I have one - used it with my Digitech Metal Master and u coudln't hear it. I wan't to get the Dime or the Zakk sig; but without testing them I have no way of knowing if either can work well with distortion pedals. MVL. I actaully have a Digitech Metal Master and I use it with a Dimebag Crybaby and it sounds awsome. The distortion doesn't drown out the sound of the wah. It gets a kick ass tone.
    I think part of my question was answered, my bad.