DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

Purchased from: GC

I play though an Epi Les Paul Standard plugged into a Vox AD30. I mainly play Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, and RHCP, and you never would have guessed that you could get all those tones from one pedal. Like I said though, the effect can sometimes be too much, but if you get it right it sounds amazing. I really don't think my setup does it justice since it is the best piece of equipment in it's category, I think.

Rock is not the only style this thing can dive in to, even if you hate Pantera, even if you hate Dimebag, even if you hate the paint job on this pedal, if you have the money and no wah, get it. Dunlop has not sold out a guitarists name just to get sales, they have made a very versatile product that you can always depend on. I'm not exactly someone who relies on pedals to get a sound I want, but this pedal just makes things a lot easier.

Hey, it's a wah pedal, it's supposed to be abused. As far as reliability goes, I can't really tell you. I've only had her for a few months but for what I got I don't see it breaking any time soon. There are two LED's that indicate the wah being on, and the boost being on. You can activate these separately or together. There was one thing, the plate that protects all the guts of the pedals is flimsy and weak.

I was amazed this last christmas when I received the DB-01 wah I had asked for, needless to say I am extremely impressed. It came in a box with an instruction manual and a Dunlop product guide, like most of us guys I threw the manual to the side and saw that it had everything right on the pedal, sweet! With a volume, tone, and range settings cranked I plugged her in and it sounded way too... Well wah-y. I figured that you can't really go to 11 on a pedal like this, so I messed around and found out that you can actually get a very wide range of tones and sounds that you can hear all over the fretboard. I'm giving it an 8 for three reasons, 1. The "Overdrive" Switch on the side show little to no effect if you already have any distortion. 2. Most of the controls are on the right side, limiting it to the right side of a pedalboard. 3. The Switch on the pedal to turn it on and off needs to be pressed with a lot of force to get it to work.