DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

I'm very small on effects, but this Wah had found a place on my rig almost immediately. Simply a Dean ML, formerly a straight shot to my MG100HDFX (yeah, yeah, MG, but it works for me), but is now a Guitar-Wah-Amp setup capable of kicking sonic ass. If I crank everything, all goes smoothly as long as I have everything set to what I want them to be. I can take this pedal over the top with every knob to the dime and let the leads scream "metal-from-hell", or I can soften them up a substantial bit for a very subtle touch of vocalization the most humble of players can admire.

I love to play metal solos through this pedal, and it blows me away every night with it's superior tone. All I have to do is dial everything back and the next thing I know, I'm playing hard rock and blues in an instant. Half a decade has gone by learning how to play, and I only wish I could have grabbed this pedal sooner, because it is an excellent Tool for expanding a grasp on guitar sounds. If someone were able to wrench this pedal out from under my foot, I'd have to beat them with it, and I guarantee it'd still sound wicked perfect. But if they got away, I'd skip my happy self all the way back to GC and grab me a fresh one. I'm a fan of the camo paint job, and I'm a skater, so the skate grip on the rocker set me over the edge with love for this box. I sort of knew I'd Pick this over the Zakk Wylde model, even though I really couldn't decide. The clerk up front said "That Dime's got a bigger sweep though", so I said I'd take it. It has everything I'll ever need and I'll never look back.

I've put all my weight and force onto, into, and upon this pedal and one thing's for sure; this box ain't breaking. It's been kicked, dropped, crushed, and slammed, but has gone onto a perfect set every time. I honestly believe this pedal will outlast me. I never have used a backup, and never will with this outstandingly durable piece of machinery.

Named after the late Guitarist, the Dimebag Signature wah has been labeled as a monster pedal suited to monster playing styles. True to Dunlop Fame, the Dimebag Wah is both versatile and sturdy, and in comparison to other Wah models, this one comes with more options for the most discriminating tone seekers out there. The unit has been fitted with a 5-way selector Switch for picking that perfect frequency band, from bottomed out low-C tunings to searing high leads, the selector can find what you want at the turn of a dial. If that wasn't fun enough, it also comes with the Variable Q-Control found on various other Dunlop Wah models, and sports a fine-tuning mini knob right next to it to further extend your tonal foundation to extreme bounds. Combine all that with a kick-in boost button located near the heel, and it's own boost level mini-knob next to the fine tuning control, and this pedal becomes a raging box of hell perfect for making your axe scream. All the bells and whistles that come with it are hard to work with at first, so if you seek a specific sound, be prepared to spend a lot of time dialing it in. No manual will tell you how you want to sound, so you'll have to use the good ol' earholes to tell you what's good.

slash_rocks2005
    why is it 90% of reviews for pedals are done by people with nice guitars but mediocre SS amps and crappy 'metal' dist. pedals... not to sound elitist, but i'd like to read more reviews where people are using really good/nice amps and no crappy dist. pedals...they kinda impact the tone alot in a bad way... oh well, hopefully i'll have this pedal soon and can get a review up as i'll just be going straight into my Randall RM50
    Daniel567
    MorgMetal_666 wrote: I'm stuck between the wylde and the dime one. Which one could get a Kirk Hammett sound? Do they work with a distortion pedal? My 535Q doesn't.
    If you want to sound like kirk hammett just get his signature wah
    chouchen
    Now I have the crybaby original and the 535Q and I bought this wah a week ago and it blows them all away. MorgMetal_666 if your wah just turns into a volume pedal with a distortion pedal leading into the wah, put your dist pedal on the left side of the wah and it works great. I use a Crate GlX1200h full stack amazing amp by the way. The boost switch on the DB-01 works magic on the rythm channel, and on the lead(solo) channel you cant really hear the difference with the boost but it is way more sensitive and great for tapping. This is the best wah ive ever used.
    THRASH-METAL
    awsome wah. i have it and use it alot. i baby mine but you can really abuse this thing without worry of breaking it. it is a tank.