DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I am running it through a squire affinity stat into a Line 6 spider 3. It is not extremely noisey, unless you have the volume all the way up and the boost on, that's why I run my boost at about 80-90%. As I said before it sounds good as long as you don't role back the tone on your guitar. I really like dime, and my favorite artist of all time is Kirk Hammett. I can get a really good tone pretty close to theirs. It wont be as close as say Kirks KH-95, but I like it.

I generally play classic thrash. It is a great match. I've been playing close to two years now. Along with the gear listed above I have a Kramer Focus VT-211s, Fender Frontman 15G (not used at all anymore).I love this thing and if it were stolen or lost it would be between this or the KH-95, I'm not sure which one I would get. I love all the features, the leds on the back ( which comes in handy ALOT more than you would think), and the sound.The only thing I don't like is the situation with the tone knob, but I don't think that's fault on the wahs part. My favorite feature (its hard to choose between them all) is probably the boost and leds on the back. I didn't compare it a whole lot. I tried it and knew it would be great. I kinda wish it came with an adaptor, but since they are only like 10 dollars it dosnt matter. I realy like dime and his tone and style, along with thrash metal which this is perfect for. This wah is absolutely great.

As far as reliability and durability go, Tank, thats all I can say. It is heavy, durable, and gigworthy. Thats the great thing about crybabys though, they can take years worth of abuse. As long as I had an adapter I wouldn't worry about a backup. In a nutshell this thing is really solid.

This wah is very easy to use. Most wahs are. At first I thought it was broken. I couldnt get a vocal like wah sound. I use all the knobs turned all the way up, other than the boost. I have the range selector on the last setting, full treble sound basicaly. I figured out though it was caused by the fact that I turn the tone knob all the way down on my guitar when soloing. When I turned it up it sounded great. The manual is pretty good. Explains what the knobs do, how to use it, and alot of other info.

flyingVleft
    This is what Michael Schenker was using at his December '09 concert here in Helsinki.
    salims
    I've performed a solo with DM-01, Dunlop's Dimebag Darrell crybaby signature model. This is my entry for a solo competition held by The Tangent band. I really like the wild voice of this pedal and besides it is super noise free in comparison to other wah pedals I have seen!