DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell

Purchased from: Private

I use this with a Zoom Mfire-36 amp and Zoom G2 effects unit. Trust me, I put this thing to a Peavey 5150 lead setting, and this thing just kills man. Its got great sound. I play thrash metal, death metal, groove metal and hardrock, and its not that hard to get that sound out of it. The Wah comes with a red fasel inductor, and that is, to me, a very good setup for a Wah pedal. The stock inductor comes with the classic and Original Crybaby I think, but you can always change it to that. Its not noisy, unless you keep on adding more and more eq with heck loads of treble or bass. The effects are good. The boost remains activated but does not affect the sound without switching on the wah. Once you Switch on the wah, the boost really acts on the sound. Its good for solos you kno. I play this through a Vintage clean chorused sound and a very non modern distortion sound and they both sound great.

I play Thrash, Death, Hard Rock, Country, and I find it cool. I played for nearly 4 years, and I own a Jackson PDX King V. Its a great Wah pedal, I mean its a Dimebag Darrell Signature, the Soloist of the 90's man. that's just the name, but its really got the blood and the heart to pump it man. It's great.

Heck yeah. Its really heavy, but I mean don't throw it out of the 3 floor of a building or something. But you gotta have power supply like a 9 volt battery or an adapter. Its just the same as any other Jim Dunlop pedal if it comes to turning the pedal on or off. If you put in the input cable, the pedal is switched on.

Its not that hard. It's a Wah pedal, and best part is its a crybaby from dunlop, that's all you need to know about the ease of use. You buy it with the box and you get a allen screw to adjust the rocker by tightening or loosening it to get your preferred ease of movement. Its really easy to get the sound you are looking for, its got 6 way range selector, a booster at the side and three controls (volume (for boost), sweep range select, fine tune) - in order. They have a simple easy to follow manual and if you know how to play chess you know how to work this thing out for your tone. Its that simple. Its got a battery compartment and shows the controls and what they are for on the bottom.