DB-02 Dimebag Custom review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-02 Dimebag Custom

Purchased from: Yo mama!

OK, this is not the Dimebag wah with all them cool options on it. As I was told by the person who sold it to me it is just an Original Crybaby painted in camoflage which I though was cool. Anyway, I decided to compare both before I chose and Dime won. Why? A couple of reasons. Camouflage looks cool (and I know I can't spell), Dimebag is one of my favs. Here's the crucial one, when I tryed out both pedals which I was told were the same, I noticed a slight difference but didn't want to hurt the salespersons eego so I'll just tell you here. Generally, the wahs are nearly identicle apart from one major aspect which is the Dimebag one had much more intensity with high gain. I wonder why. After noticing this I realised that this wah is generally more capable with higher frequencies, not that its worse than the other in bass. Further investigation led me to believe that they are quite different in sound. I'm not sure if my dime was a bit newer tha the old one, but it did get the sale, you can decide. Anyway, I play metal, high gain capable wahs get a 10.

I had to have the Dime Camo one, but bugger a wah pedal with lots of features. That ain't the point of owning the most used yet most simple of all effects. I suggest you atleast try this one out if you want to buy a crybaby. I'm positive there is a slight difference. Kudos to Dunlop for making my favorite wahs.

No backup required I guess. Being a wah pedal, it's not crucial to any guitar part if it breaks down on stage. I don't think it will ever break, but I'm sure I'll have to replace the pot eventually, no biggy. It still gets an 8 'cause it's got nothing on Boss pedals for this sorta section.

The instrument jack goes into the instrument and the amplifier jack goes into your ear! Came with a great quarter page manual that explains what I just said along with the battery installment, tricky stuff.

woodenbandman
    1st woot what currency did u pay? y not buy a gcb or original crybaby used for like $50 dollars and find the mod on-line? i think that mad a lot more sense. good review anyway
    x_themetalfan_x
    DaBlackE
    Great wah pedal. I wish I could look at a tab on this site without getting a pop-up after every click.
    BloodCellZ
    I totally agree with you DaBlackE, fix the pop-ups!!!! And I like the way this wah looks, really cool
    santhony1987
    x_themetalfan_x wrote: Purchased from: Yo mama! Because THAT'S mature. Fucking grow up. It is a good wah, btw. I tried it out and loved it, plus the look is so very Dimebag and tough.
    HAhAHAHAHA cry cry cry.... I'M AN AUSTRALIAN!!! Unless you live in MELBOURNE you wouldn't care that i bought it from a shop called TROY MUSIC which ain't a major store chain and definately doesn't operate in another country let alone a different OZ city or state. And i'm sure i wrote the currency as $295 AUD... o well... that's what i payed.
    thetruelment387
    dude this is one of the best wah pedals you could ever buy...i think it beats the jimi one...but it does sound very close to the crybabys.