DB-02 Dimebag Custom review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DB-02 Dimebag Custom

Purchased from: My Dad (I'm Serious)

For starters, I'd like to introduce why this isn't a standard Wah (comparing to the Dunlop GCB-95) with a fancy packaging. This is the economy model that Dime and Dunlop designed. It features the "ideal" sound that Dime would have used. It has a wide sweeping range, much further than the standard Wah in both highs and lows, and equipped with the Fasel Inductor, giving it that true Wah sound. This thing works great for metal players looking to play it loud n' proud, but I give it an 8 because it doesn't fit my style of traditional hard rock (the extended range is a bit too much for my tastes, i prefer the GCB-95F)

I play more traditional hard rock/heavy metal mixed with a little old school thrash (metallica/megadeth) and a little bit of the new alternative metal as a side influence. I use a couple of customized Jacksons, both equipped with EMG 81-85's and EMG Afterburners (for a lead gain boost), both tuned to E Standard and D standard respectively, and a Peavey 5150 wired through a Marshall 1960A Cab. If this was stolen, I'd probably go buy either my original GCB-95F again, or try an actual Crybaby from Hell or maybe a ZW Crybaby. I like experimenting with my sound. I do like the killer liquid sound this pedal gives off, especially the screaming highs, but could do without the super lows. I purchased this from my dad for two reasons, 1 being I had sold off a bunch of gear to pay rent, and 2, I like my Wah wahs. So if your into more of an extreme form of metal, and like really low tuned guitars and lots of gain, this pedal would probably rock your world, especially since you can find them at reasonable prices on eBay.

Like most great quality items, it's built like a tank. Great quality metal housing and you could probably throw it off a two story building and have your parents run it over with their H3 Hummers. (but I wouldn't try it, lol)

It's got a standard Dunlop Wah setup, no fancy buttons on the side (for those who mistook this for the Crybaby from Hell). Just plug and play.