DC-Brick Multi-Power Supply review by Dunlop

Dunlop: DC-Brick Multi-Power Supply

Purchased from: Musician

It makes no interference with the amp/effects/ect. Very quiet, as it should be. I have heard that other types of this product (i.e. Voodoo Lab Pedal Power) make intereference with the amp, but I can't confirm any of these incidents. The pedals sound as if the battery is new at all times. The power doesn't fluctuate at all, making the sound out of your pedals consistant.

Sadly, I have only two pedals. A Dunlop Crybaby pedal, and an Onerr Distortion pedal. It powers both beautifully. It comes with all the needed cords, and they click into the brick/pedal, so you know how far to push it in. It's velcroed to my pedalboard, so I don't think I'll lose it anytime, but if were to be stolen, I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. The money saved from buying batteries is unbelievable. I love everything about this product, but my favorite part is the mesmerizing blue light on the top. It's cheaper than the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power, and in my opinion, a better buy.

Very reliable. Like it's name says: it's a brick. It feels as if you could chuck it out a window, and it would still work. It doesn't seem as if there's much inside of it that could break/snap/ect, so you don't feel the need to be gentle with it (I'm not recommending you throw it at a wall, though). It has not failed me yet, and I don't expect it to. I'd bet my life on this thing.

Very easy to use. Simply use the provided cords to hook up the pedals to the brick. Then plug the brick into the the wall, and no more batteries for you. It comes with plenty of cords to use, many of which I haven't even used yet! Very, very easy to use.

frustrat62
    I know the Line6 Delay Modeler is 24v
    karimba45
    You cant use the DC brick with Line 6 products, specifically the DL4 delay pedal. Here is what they said when i asked them.
    [i]The DL4 requires a power supply that can provide 9 volts of "AC" (not DC like most pedal effect power adapters!) power with at least 1500mA of current. You probably won't find too many power supplies out there that will fit the bill, so we always recommend that you stick to using the Line 6 "PX2" power adapter, as these are designed to provide the correct power voltage and current requirement our POD's and DL4's require
    mkhiary
    i use it with different pedal brands (Boss, MXR, Electro-harmonix, Line 6, Marshall and Vox) and it works great with all of them
    TK1
    power brick supports 9v and 18v outputs, and whammy is 18v out. im looking to get one. how long is the cable to plug it in?
    _xo_
    i meant:
    veric wrote: the one complaint I have is that it does not have a power switch (I play in my bedroom and the bright bright bright blue led makes it hard to fall asleep :-P)
    _xo_
    frustrat62 wrote: beeboshain wrote: arnt all stomp pedals 9 and some multifx are 18? with all pedals I know the Line6 Delay Modeler is 24v
    turn it off then... great, i have two for my board, bri;lliant. i really couldnt have hoped for better
    CapnKickass
    I think I should get this since I'll probably getting Wah pedal and I already have 3 other stomps.
    kpj24078
    the power cables that come with this don't work in my whammy. Does anyone know of any cables that do?
    Jimbleton
    my zoom g2 multi is only a 9v im sure cos i run my mini marshall and that on the the same adaptor and that uses a 9v i just switch them over and its fine
    veric
    col03sol
    the dc brick will work with both 9 volt and 18 volt. the only thing that you have to be careful with it the polarity. the pedal has to accept a plug that has a possitive barrel (the round part of the plug on the outside) and a negative pole (the rod on the inside of the plug. i use it with several different boss pedals, danelectro pedals, marshal pedals, crybaby wah pedal, fender tuner, univibe, and jekyl and hyde ultimate overdrive (silver). all of these pedals have a diagram of the polarity.
    lookie here
    RadioMuse wrote: Yeah, pretty much. I should get one of these... I only have two petals right now but have some very serious plans to be expanding... Maybe I'll grab this and ask for a Whammy for christmas or something. Cause Whammys are the shit.
    The Whammy comes with its own supply. I dont think its compatible with the DC brick
    lookie here
    How long are the power cords that come tih it? I'm buying once o get the money but need to know the lenghts if thats okay?
    Purple Platypus
    some of the mxr peds are 18v like the doubleshot, 10bandEQ etc...I've got both, and many 9v and it powers them all great. No problems.
    RadioMuse