GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

The sound quality is amazing. For the price of this pedal, you cant go wrong. The range is astounding, and the pitches this wah puts out is awesome. The versatility of the pedal is boundless, and I can almost gaurantee that youll be able to duplicate almost any of your favorite guitarist's wah! Another interesting bit about the way I use my wah, I sometimes barely have it pushed down, but it gives me an awesome hollow, crunch sound that makes for awesome intros. Similarly, when fully depressed, if you tweak your amp settings, it produces an awesome sound for lead guitar.

Overall, I could not be happier with my Crybaby. The sound, tones, pitch, and range it puts out top even the highest end models. When I was originally shopping around, I had decided to either buy this or the Vox Multi-Wah pedal (with something like 6 settings). After playing both, the Crybaby clearly outdid the Vox! If my Crybaby was damaged, lost, or stolen, I would buy a new one the same day. Even though I play through fairly mediocre gear, the wah makes my rig sound like a million dollars! This pedal works for practically any style of music, except acoustic. But again, if you are looking for a wah pedal to use with acoustic, I'd suggest you change your mind. I simply love this.

This takes a beating. Sinces it's die-cast steel layered on top with rubber, it won't break easily. I've gigged with it plenty of times, and its never given me trouble, even after dropping it several times! The only downside is the power needed: The Crybaby sucks power. If you are gigging with it, make sure you bring extra batteries, otherwise your going to be left without sound after hardly any use.

The Dunlop Crybaby is the best wah pedal available. It's very simple to use, and require no tweaking or changing. The tone you can produce with it stunning, and the range it presents its very wide. With ease even a beginner can begin to imitate such classic sounds as Jimi Hendrix with the crybaby. The 9V battery that is required is drained very fast, but you can buy the adapter for just a little more.