GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

I use a Ibanez RX series guitar and a Peavey Backstage plus with this pedal. The pedal doesn't change the volume of the sound at all, not noisy at all. The effects are always mind-blowing no wonder Hendrix used this. Straight outta the box I plugged it in and played Voodoo Child. Simply amazing. Since its a wah its got one effect and it gets a 32 on a 1-10 scale.

I play prog rock, psychadelic and hard rock usually and this is a perfect match. Perfect for all those Jimi solos. I have been playing for 3 years and own an Ibanez RX20L electric, Ibanez dreadnought acoustic lefty and a Peavey Backstage plus 100 watt amp. The only thing I wished I had asked was whether it came with an AC adapter but you don't usually get those with pedals anyways. If this were lost, stolen w/e I would buy this again in a second. I love the awesome wah tone you get out of it. Can't say anything bad about this pedal. And my fav. feature is its simplicity, just plug and play. I compared it to an Ibanez auto-wah just seeing whether I prefer the manual or auto and the Dunlop blew the Ibanez's socks off. Just wish it had an AC adapter is all, 10/10 perfect pedal.

This thing is rock solid, all metal no plastic on this beast. The top of the pedal has heavy duty grip-plastic so your feet don't slip, also very study. One small gripe the plastic grips on the bottom came off a little easy but they go back on even easier so not a problem. I would gig (and have) gig with this in a second. Played a school talent show with this and no problems at all.

Uber-easy to use, just plug in patch cords amp-pedal/pedal-guitar and go. A little manual came with it, didn't really need it but it explained the auto-off function. My units hasn't been upgraded, just straight off the shelf.