GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Local Dollar Store

I use this with a custom sort of frankenstein guitar that I built over the years, I put a humbucker in place of the single coil by the bridge. I don't know what model it is because I took parts from broken guitars and stuff. I play this through a Crate amp with a Grunge pedal connected first then the Crybaby next. The sound that I got was unheard of it made my cheap guitar sound like it was on fire for leads, I played Eruption through this setup and got that brown sound during the tapping parts. The stuff I play (mainly blues/rock/metal) goes well with this you can really feel the action as you play when using the pedal. Although this is the best thing that happened to guitarists, some effects cancel the sound of the pedal, it sounds amazing clean, but when I put my Grunge pedal through it it sort of muffled the effect, I had to get an equalizer to make it sound good with distortion.

The style of music I play is based on the blues scale and stuff, I mostly write songs and found out a new style, I think it sounds like metal mixed with blues mixed with classic rock mixed speed metal, I don't want to over do it so I left some things out but this is pedal is amazing with the style I play. I have been playing for over five years and learned that I caught on more quickly than most of my uncles that have been playing 20 years or so. If this were stolen I would search everyhome for it until I get it back and beat up the little punks that stole it. I think I will reach fame and fortune with this pedal, although I use it mainly for leads, this has a unique sound when playing rhythm. All I wish I had right now is a Krank amp and a Dime ML signature guitar.

This pedal rocks hard, it is good for gigs and has the strength to with stand most wah pedals, Dunlop makes great things and by far the is the best thing that has come out in the this. When I am doing a gig I rely on this the most, up here in Canada people were amazed by the sound I got out of it. This is pretty cool, eh?

When I first opened the box I didn't see the manual right away, I don't think I read it, but this pedal is the best thing I ever spent money on. even though it has only one setting it still gives that Hendrix feel to it. the pedal has smooth action when rocking back and forth, has a rugged body (I dropped it the first night I brought it home) the only thing that is missing is an adapter.