GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Soundhouse

I use a Vintage V100 guitar through a Danelectro Fab Distortion pedal, through my Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby and an Alesis Spitfire 15 amp, which isn't that great. The sound created through my Crybaby is legendary, I can sound like many different artists, at the moment Hendrix and Slash, I need to experiment more. The pedal can be used to create more funky or metally sounds, depending on the amount of distortion added to the sound, and whether you connect your guitar through the Crybaby or the distortion first. The sound can also be changed depending on how quickly the pedal is rocked and whether treble (foward) or bass (backward) are used more or less. Awesome sound.

I play metal and classic rock, and a bit of bluesy stuff. The wah wah works fine with my style. I love the ease of use and the fantastic sound produced, I could spend a long time just playing around with the different effects and cool sounds you can make with this pedal, along with different levels of tone and distiortion settings on the distortion pedal. If I lost or broke this, or got it stolen or anything, I'd probably go without it for a while to build up my hunger for it, then buy one off eBay for a cheap price. I am very satisfied with this product, it has lived up to my expectations and convinced me that manual wah is better than auto wah, which I've tried before.

I only got the pedal today, but I can already tell how sturdy it is, because it's rock hard and chunky like a brick. It weighs a ton as well, and is bigger than I imagined. As for the life of the actual wah sound quality, the box claims it will give years of sound, but I can't really give my own opinion on this. I think I trust the Crybaby's popularity.

Operated using a simple rock back and forth motion throughout the playing, which I find myself rocking to the rhythm of the song usually. I found myself using the wah with confidence within half an hour, though I thought I broke it before I realised you have to press your foot foward on the pedal hard until it clicks, in order to turn it on and off. Later I realised that this and all the other setup info was on a startup guide that comes with the pedal.

had_hc
    hmm.. i hav dis pedal... but i wonder y mine doesnt sound like wut u guys pictured... the WAH seems like doesnt work on high notes... is my amp hav anything 2 do wit dis? or is it jz da pedal?